• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WOOHOO got my truck plated!

jtcawrse

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I ask what you registered it as and the details? How much for how many years? I’m trying to decide if I should register in OR or WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
too excides and this the replay button twice
[/QUOTE]

Yea I am not quite that happy to post twice about going today to get my tag. I have to drive 50 miles to let the inspector look at my truck. I am happy after talking to him on the phone about what he will do. He told me he just wants to see that I have not changed the truck since it was released from service. He said as long as I did not paint it purple with adding anything to it like extra lights or build something on it there will be no problem. He was not even worried about the truck not having any unit numbers and no mechanical inspection. I have insurance and went yesterday and got my 10 day transport tag incase anything goes wrong on the trip to the DMV. Happy your happy and I am looking to be happy this afternoon.

Kbarnes0

Awesome. I'm still waiting on my SF-97.

Did you just bring that in and license it as commercial for personal use?

Hoping to do mine soon.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am home with a former military tag. He did not inspect the mechanicals of the truck he just looked it over. He did not want to see LED head lights and I did not have them. He talked about people repainting them to some color other the OD / tan or camo. Mine is still camo. I had no unit marking but he said to him it did not matter. The truck looks like it came right out of military service so I was good. Yea this afternoon I am a happy camper.

Last edited:

spankybear

May I ask what you registered it as and the details? How much for how many years? I’m trying to decide if I should register in OR or WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I registered it as a Pickup Truck... In Washington we only get one year. It was like $378.00 with title and transfer fees. The Weight fees killed me. They used the wieght on the sf-97 times it by 1.5 and then rounded up to 28,000 pounds. I can try and get a lighter scale weight later.

spankybear

Well I did have a glitch... the lady used the certificate number as the vin... had to go back and work that out. It was just an error on their part and I didn't look at the paperwork until I got home. But still not as bad as I had read. No inspections or anything like that.

Nomadic

Well I am home with a former military tag. He did not inspect the mechanicals of the truck he just looked it over. He did not want to see LED head lights and I did not have them. He talked about people repainting them to some color other the OD / tan or camo. Mine is still camo. I had no unit marking but he said to him it did not matter. The truck looks like it came right out of military service so I was good. Yea this afternoon I am a happy camper.
What is the matter with painting the truck?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know I believe they want to see it like I said like it came out of service. Camo, Tan or OD is what he told me he wants to see. No purple with stripes I guess. Former military colors.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I am guessing that to title and use on State roadways the original use as a MV must be adhered to.

Maybe the State does not want to have gypsy carryvans with LED lights.:rules:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am guessing that to title and use on State roadways the original use as a MV must be adhered to.
Maybe the State does not want to have gypsy carryvans with LED lights.:rules:
Bottom line from talking to him is they really do not want MV's on the road so to limit there use is the first step. Be interesting to see if a bobbed truck would pass my inspectors liking. I only use my trucks for show or play in the mud at this time anyway so I am happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks