• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Work Summer for ???

axlr8

willing to work summers for someone at right price or trade......if this is in wrong place let me know and ill remove it. thanks guys

axlr8

Ha thanks guys....I'm trying to find a job.....if your didn't understand what I was saying. I am trying to find somebody who wants or needs some help around the homestead, and would be willing to give me something out of the deal. I can do almost anything if told and showed how to do it first, and can camp on site... whole summer, month, and even a few weeks.

EDIT: Next summer BTW

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting concept. I don't have enough money to hire someone for around the farm. Not enough trade goods either..........

:-(

zout

FWW - get certified as a babysitter for small kids. My mechanic pays a babysitter dang near what he almost clears a week. Gotta be someone around there with kids looking for someone who is not mental and trustworthy.

Is there a shop around where you can CLEAN UP for cash to get on the ground floor on stuff they do not do or fail to do ??

Someone have a small truck fleet near you - wash trucks ?? Cleaning out their interiors ?

Not going to get anything started but the economy is more than taking a crap and if your willing to work be willing to do something very way out of your zone of what you might want to do and just plain have to do.

I know in 5 yrs here as a fleet manager only one person ever came knocking on the door looking for work. When we wanted to clean up around the terminal no one wanted $12 hr to do such low class labor work. Another good reason why illegals are more than surviving in the USA. That is another discussion I will not get into.

Bust your arse and get out and knock on doors. Screw resumes and calling as they are a dime a dozen.
You find a place you might want to work - lookem up on the web if they have a site - find out what they do and their business so you are not ignorant when you go knock on their doors - find out WHO they are and WHO to talk to from looking it up.

just my2cents2cents worth

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
FWW - get certified as a babysitter for small kids. My mechanic pays a babysitter dang near what he almost clears a week. Gotta be someone around there with kids looking for someone who is not mental and trustworthy.

Is there a shop around where you can CLEAN UP for cash to get on the ground floor on stuff they do not do or fail to do ??
Someone have a small truck fleet near you - wash trucks ?? Cleaning out their interiors ?
Not going to get anything started but the economy is more than taking a crap and if your willing to work be willing to do something very way out of your zone of what you might want to do and just plain have to do.
I know in 5 yrs here as a fleet manager only one person ever came knocking on the door looking for work. When we wanted to clean up around the terminal no one wanted $12 hr to do such low class labor work. Another good reason why illegals are more than surviving in the USA. That is another discussion I will not get into.
Bust your arse and get out and knock on doors. Screw resumes and calling as they are a dime a dozen.
You find a place you might want to work - lookem up on the web if they have a site - find out what they do and their business so you are not ignorant when you go knock on their doors - find out WHO they are and WHO to talk to from looking it up.

just my2cents2cents worth
I'll work for 12 bucks an hour!!:D
(If ya give me free room and board)rofl

Attachments

axlr8

we have a peterbuilt shop out on the interstate, and a polaris dealer in town, some small engine shops and a big equipment shop(tractors and such...) and thanks for the idea, ill try to see what i can do! id like to try that PB shop first as to its size and looks like a good buisness, again thanks

but im still willing to make plans for next summer! :jumpin:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to give you credit for "looking" for a job.

Most 16 year olds won't stop playing video games and get off the couch.

By knocking on the doors and asking, it will be a suprise to the businesses.

Good luck on finding something.

It's alot hard when you are 50+ and have bills to pay.

Last edited:

Josh

You may want to take a look at McDonalds. I just read they have like 4500 open positions over the country. Not the most glamours work, but at least there is a paycheck involved.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to take a look at McDonalds. I just read they have like 4500 open positions over the country. Not the most glamours work, but at least there is a paycheck involved.
Well my next door neighbor started out working a Mickey D's, He now owns 5 of them and has a 4,000 sq. ft. house on 50 acres.....:idea: