• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

worked the deuce today to free a 36000lb crane!

Lee Alessi

LW is loaded weight. thats you/gas etc....

Stuck (mire) resistance:

A pull of 100% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to a depth of the sidewall on the tires.

A pull of 200% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to the hubs.

A pull of 300% of LW will be required if the truck is stuck to the frame..

i was at the circus today and my phone started ringing off the hook. my buddy calls and says his crane is stuck. he let me use the crane for free to remove, and re-install the deuce bed. i owed him. he says bring the deuce, the m715 wont do it.

i take my kids home and show up to see a 36000# crane buried to the AXLES! i grabbed my three snatchblocks (60ea @ sam winer) and some chain.

i get there, and its on the front and rear pumpkin. no way to pull it, heck the outriggers were buried too!!! and they were UP! 36000x3= 108000lbs !!!

i chain off to an oak, via the rear pintle. hook up two snatch blocks to the crane, one to me... then back. start pulling and break the chain. quadruple it up and try again. put the winch in low, and lean over below the firewall in case the cable pops. 1000rpm and i pulled it out!!! wow was i impressed!

before you say "need pics" i posted them! sorry i dont have more, i was winching!

click here for ALL the pics

rmgill

What weight capacity snatch blocks did you get? I'd like to have good blocks for this in the future. Where to store them all on the truck, I'm not sure. You rapidly run out of tool boxes on the Deuce. If I had a welder already, I'd have made some sheet metal storage boxes in the space between the bumper and the cab beside the winch. Great place for chain and blocks I think. Make it flat on top and you have a walking deck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks