• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working at Clinto's...with the Deuce

GoldComet6

Here is the first round of pics I took today at Clinto's. He & BFR were removing a wood box shelter from the tan Deuce using BFR's Deuce with a crane and extendable boom. Plus, they pulled a CUCV to a better spot on the concrete pad, and moved the Jeep body. Notice that when everyone is working, I'm behind the scenes taking pictures....pretty smart eh? :-D:-D:-D

I also have video of a lot of this and I'll post a link when they are uploaded. You'll feel as though you were there too...well except for the heat.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

GoldComet6

Round 2...includes moving the M1008 and the Jeep body too. I like picture number 9 in this group.

Attachments

Last edited:

GoldComet6

The CUCV had to be moved over to provide more room, and then the Jeep body needed to be moved also. Once they were moved - the tan Deuce was backed onto the concrete pad to have the wood box lifted off. The box was lifted up and Clinto drove the Deuce out from underneath. BFR then moved the box over to the corner and set it on the blocks.

Believe me, the wood box didn't want to come loose from the Deuce bed. It had some type of caulking all around it that didn't want to let go. I saw them keep trying to pry it loose, of course during that time I was busy taking pictures....and drinking sweet tea. Told you I was smart. :-D:-D:-D

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
hee hee hee,buy a deuce for the tool shed.....that is a new one...I could see buying a deuce for the brand new set of tires....set of axles......maybe some sheetmetal or engine but dang.......this is a new one.....Oh,what is up with that CUCV?Does it run(run and move are 2 different thing before someone brings up moving it with a crane.....)?did they cut the rear of the cab for that funky rear window thingy?Ex-Meatwagon maybe?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Thanks for posting the pics. I was amazed out how much hold that adhesive/sealant had. It took way more force to break it free than to suspend/lift it once it was off the truck.
Also it was great to put another name w/ a face here on Steelsoldiers.

GoldComet6

For those of you that always ask for "more pics"...here are the videos I took of the operations on Saturday at Clintos. There are eight videos, plus one picture video. Number 9 is just these same pictures shown above as a video. Don't expect too much, since I'm not the best cameraman. Anyway....hope you think they are worth watching.

Sample of one.....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDmjATvLk8[/media]

All can be found here...
YouTube - GoldComet6's Channel

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't tell BFR, GoldComet6, my Dad, Dave and Jason how much I appreciate the assistance. That enclosure will make a fantastic shed, it is very well built. I will hate to get rid of it when I get my shop built!

Here are the 150+ shots that Clinto g/f took.

New M35 shed pictures by clinto1 - Photobucket

Enjoy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks