• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

working for John Winslow

rcrane1956

I started working for John in May 2003. Repairing trucks, building 4X4's, and making repairs on his personal trucks and in the process I found one of the best friends of my life. Miss you John!
Ricky

poppop

Welcome to the site. I did not know John personally but only heard good things about him. Sorry for your loss, we all lost a very good MV Friend.

RAYZER

I was going through my phone contacts and found John's number. I now realize that i spoak with John about a year ago when searching for a part,he was a really nice guy.
It saddened me when i heard he was gone.

michigandon

hi Ricky, I bought I winch deuce from John this spring and thus far have enjoyed it immensely. Hi passing was almost as saddening to me as the loss of my own parents.

diln911

Hey ricky..

This is Jim Courtney from Richmond. We met a few times at the shop. You helped build my 71 deuce and the A2 from the front lot. I'm sure this makes you sick. John always had such great things to say about you. Please tell his son.. Wife.. Father and brother how sorry I am. I hope you keep the business going and continue to honor his name. You are a very talented craftsman. - jim

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started working for John in May 2003. Repairing trucks, building 4X4's, and making repairs on his personal trucks and in the process I found one of the best friends of my life. Miss you John!
Ricky
Hey Ricky, not sure if you remember me or not, but I have done a lot of business with John over the years. I was shocked to hear the terrible news a few weeks back. I heard from Pete that they are going to try to keep the business going. I am hopeful of getting down there sometime soon. Hopefully, we'll get to catch up.

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see you on Steelsoldiers Ricky and wish it was under better circumstances. I always enjoyed talking with you at the shop while we were working on Chris' 900 series trucks.

Funny memory: I'll never forget walking up and seeing only your legs sticking out of John's skidsteer while you were practically standing on your head trying to fix that leak down in the bottom by the drive. John of course had a smart-alecky comment or two about you being able to think better while standing on your head anyhow.

Take care

michigandon

Hey Ricky, not sure if you remember me or not, but I have done a lot of business with John over the years. I was shocked to hear the terrible news a few weeks back. I heard from Pete that they are going to try to keep the business going. I am hopeful of getting down there sometime soon. Hopefully, we'll get to catch up.
Happy to at least hear that his operation will live on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks