• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

working on 68 deuce

omega231

just outta curiosity BC, why is the heater intake pointed down?

Nice truck man! Wish I had the money and expertise to get mine looking like that...

Big CASE

just outta curiosity BC, why is the heater intake pointed down?

Nice truck man! Wish I had the money and expertise to get mine looking like that...
i do not know why it is like that , I have looked in to changing it to point ford but
it dose not have the holes to mount that way . it only go's like that ?? it works good ..

wsucougarx

Makes sense either way. With it pointing downward the wind is being sloped up by the forward angle of the fender. Looks like a good home for a yellowjacket nest however:wink:

wsucougarx

What black paint is that? It that the Rapco (Gillespie) paint as well? Did you rattle can it on? How much paint did you end up using (cans or gallons of each color)?

Last edited:

Big CASE

NO RATTLE can here .. the deuce was sand blasted down then base coated then color, there is like 10 gallons total on the deuce . YES 10 why so much ?? we did the hold deuce inside and out top and bottom. the deuce was taken down to the frame and painted .
we used the Rapco 383 witch is the C.A.R.C Substitute .

Big CASE

I think I have one or two left , if you want , there not to much, I have a friend still in the Core (Marines ) there just a joke tho

AceHigh

That is a beauty! I used to live in Port Orange just up the road and I bet there is nowhere in the city limits you could have that there. New Smyrna was always a more friendly place to be so close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks