• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

working on a M1031 few questions on the gas driven generator

84cucv1ton

good morning, I have been working on this truck full a while now. Trying to get her ready for daily use. Runs and drive great. Now I'm trying to figure out why I can't get the generator to run. Cranks over great. Brand-new battery, coil and fresh oil. I has no spark hence the new coil. Never worked on one of these before. tried searching I didn't see a manual for one. Has very low hours on it and is actually pretty clean for how old is. Cranking it over the oil pressure goes right up so hopefully I have a good generator there. Any ideas that I should take a look at? anybody know where I can get the manual? Thanks a lot have a good weekend guys:D

cucvrus

What generator engine does it have? Is it a remount body from a Dodge M series? What is the body build date? is it an Able Body Company? Just a few questions I may be able to help. I have scrapped a few of these units in the past and make plow trucks out of them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps check the contact points. The Wisconsin engine is durable but the points do go funky after sitting.

blueblaze

I'd be checking the points/condenser and check into the carb. Last 2 M1028's I've bought with the wisconsin gensets both had less than 50hrs and both needed ignition and carb overhauls before they would even start. One even needed to have a starter rebuild because it was seized from sitting. goodluck!

Skinny

I would give the old girl a sniff of ether. If it doesn't fire still, you probably are pulling the flywheel and replacing the points. If it does fire you are pulling the carb and cleaning out the fuzz.

84cucv1ton

I have this start switch on run. I have 12 to both posts on the coil and to the plug. Spins great but will not fire obviously. Any ideas? I did replace the bad fuse to. thanks

84cucv1ton

I have this start switch on run. I have 12 to both posts on the coil and to the plug. Spins great but will not fire obviously. Any ideas? I did replace the bad fuse to. any one have the manuals. thanks

tourus

try just making sure you are getting gas into the carb.. mine was all that you are talking about but was not firing.. I tried the either thing fire right up but then die.. What I found was no gas getting pass the site glass take that apart and clean it with brake cleaner or something.. put back together and mine took right off .. make sure choke is working good as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks