• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the M1078 LMTV

combat32

You were right next door, cant believe you didn't stop by:D

Good luck on the truck, it looks like a good one, hopefully it will be a runner.

Pm me your parts wanted list, I might be able to pick up a few things thru my local channels.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You were right next door, cant believe you didn't stop by:D

Good luck on the truck, it looks like a good one, hopefully it will be a runner.

Pm me your parts wanted list, I might be able to pick up a few things thru my local channels.
Shoot I forgot all about it. I could have brought your generator :)

PM inbound.

agazza2

I got them through Govt Liquidation. They had about 30 pallets go last week.
Now I wish Hooks was closer to me. When I was in Texas it seemed like everything good was going through in Barstow. Now that I am in Arizona, seems like Hooks has everything I would like to buy :(

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owe everyone an update. I printed out the TM section on "TPSS does not illuminate". The TPSS is the keypad that controls the transmission. The troubleshooting starts with voltage measurements at the PDP, moving on to the VIM. All good so far. Then you perform continuity checks between various pins on the VIM. All good until the last check, which indicates either the TPSS or interconnecting cable is bad. To check the TPSS, the instrument panel has to hinge over. That is as far as I got today. Pictured is the VIM under the PDP.

Attachments

agazza2

NDT - You are going to become very proficient at troubleshooting the M-1078s. Great opportunity to fully understand how the electrical system works.Thanks for helping out Mkcoen.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I registered the LMTV today. Does that count on working on it? Monday I'll probably get around to renting a forklift to try and unload the tires. I've been fighting a nasty cold since Wed and just haven't felt like messing with things.

RAJ LMTV

Well I registered the LMTV today. Does that count on working on it? Monday I'll probably get around to renting a forklift to try and unload the tires. I've been fighting a nasty cold since Wed and just haven't felt like messing with things.
I haven't registered mine yet. Do you register as a FMV?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't registered mine yet. Do you register as a FMV?
That's what I did. Much cheaper and no need for inspection or getting it weighed to be charged extra road fees. Plus the only thing I'll be doing is shows and parades plus driving just to feel good.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in Missouri I had to register my 1078 as a commercial truck. They don't have a MV designation and I want to do more than the parade and show thing.
We can do a little more than that but there are limitations. I can't "legally" go to Home Depot and get a load of lumber but I can still drive it around wherever I want even if it's a 1 person "exhibition" or I may need to exercise the batteries and suspension. Maintenance is allowable and just about anything can be considered maintenance.

I got another set back this week as apparently picked up Influenza B somewhere (wife has a co-worker with it so I'm assuming it was his gift). And due to the MS meds I can't have any live vaccines so unable to head it off that way. I am really sick of being sick.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Here in CT anything over 20 years can be antique reg and there are no restrictions on use. Every old honda sports antique reg around here.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think the ecu is cheaper than the keypad. Water prob dripped down from the upper clearance lights and made its way in there. Rare for one to go bad though. I have a spare on hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks