• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working On The M923A2

Keith_J

There shouldn't be any pressure in the ram unless actively turning. As in holding torque on the wheel. Alignment? Or different pressures in the steering axle wheels.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buyer texted that they made it home. Only issue was the power steering leak, which improved from the initial leak.

fpchief

HI!!! I am very proud to have it sitting in my yard now. The drive home was fine. Steering ram was no big deal, I may have used a 1-1.5 pint the whole trip. I will look into a rebuild kit for it. You know how just a little bit makes a mess. Keith_J I really appreciate your help. MKCOEN, Sir thanks for the truck and it was an absolute pleasure meeting you both. The girls swapped out riding with me every 100 miles or so. it got about 9 mpg and the wife for once since we had it showed about 28mpg for the Tahoe following me. I still don't know if she has seen the front of the M923 yet.

Keith_J

Sorry about leaving a gallon of sweat on the inner fender and engine.. ;). Glad you made it home, 9mpg sounds about right for a 923, 28 in a Tahoe? Unreal.

fpchief

yep, she was forced to stay below 65 and the mpg's went crazy. but try to get her to drive that slow when not following a MV....not happening.

Shotgun

I have a question, if I change the primary fuel cansiter, just where is the banjo fitting to be bled? I have been reading elsewhere that the bosh p injector does not need to bled, is that so? When I was having to replace my fuel lines, then the mechincial pump, I just primed the primer and she fired right up. I am missing something on the priming the system or not to worry with the bosh ip and just use the hand primer when changing out the filters? Next is getting the fuel burned off, got junk in the fuel tank and clean out the tank. It ocludes the fuel pick up line and kills the enjine once in awhile. have to break the pick up line and pull the tube to get the suction to break and prime the pump and back to running. Got a 5 foot pipe wrench to break the fuel cap off, next I need to remove the strainer from it. Didn't have any problems till I got "Serenity" home, the 2400 mile trip losened a few of my few fuel couplers and she was losing prime. To

Shotgun

I have a question, if I change the primary fuel canister, just where is the banjo fitting to be bled? I have been reading elsewhere that the bosh p injector does not need to bled, is that so? When I had to replace my fuel lines, then the mechanical pump, I just primed the primer and she fired right up. I am missing something on the priming the system or not to worry with the bosh ip and just use the hand primer when changing out the filters? Next is getting the fuel burned off, got junk in the fuel tank and clean out the tank. It occludes the fuel pick up line and kills the engine once in awhile. Have to break the fuel pick up line and pull the tube to get the suction to break and prime the pump and back to running. Got a 5 foot pipe wrench to break the fuel cap off, next I need to remove the strainer from it. Didn't have any problems till I got "Serenity" home, the 2400 mile trip loosened a few of my few fuel couplers and she was losing prime. Took awhile to figure it all out but got it done. Thanks for the info Shotgun

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You had said that the A2 has no lift pump what is the clicking sound that I hear in my fuel tank I assume that it was the lift pump?
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You had said that the A2 has no lift pump what is the clicking sound that I hear in my fuel tank I assume that it was the lift pump?
Thanks
Your lift pump is up on the side of the block. If you have something clicking in your tank you might want to investigate that. Only thing in there besides a pickup tube is the sending unit.

Your lift pump looks like this.

Attachments

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there's been a clicking noise maybe it's something else not in the tank or something or behind the tank haven't had any problems drive it on the highway for 300 miles no issues no problems

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well there's been a clicking noise maybe it's something else not in the tank or something or behind the tank haven't had any problems drive it on the highway for 300 miles no issues no problems
Maybe a transfer case solenoid. Check and make sure the button on your transfer case shift lever is not stuck in or sticking period.

Ford Mechanic

Mine tends to have a pulsating sound in the tank when running. It's the fuel returning back to the tank in the return line.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know I'm wondering if the pulsating return line is touching the pickup or the float making the clicking sound thanks

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So being that you own a m923a2 do you use the 4 factory air tanks bleeds or did you modify with some other better sealing valve?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Y'all do realize that this thread is 3 years old?

His first question was in relation to the lift pump. Least he found a similar thread than starting a new one.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the link, although the valve shown is a momentary pull type and when draining all 4 valves in order and leaving open untill completely drained down would be tricky.

Ford Mechanic

Yeah I still have the original screw in style air bleeds. I've been wanting to change them to ball valves.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the link, although the valve shown is a momentary pull type and when draining all 4 valves in order and leaving open untill completely drained down would be tricky.
I have a Carabiner with a fishing weight on it i just walk over and hang it on all the cables together and off the side of the step. This weight doubles in the cab to hold crap down with the windshields open.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks