• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working the fire out of a deuce

Hainebd

Was there a refueling station at the top? EGT? What a truck. The load and road conditions would distroy a today's truck. Tracks may have helped. Great vid.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My arms and shoulders are sore just looking at that.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's amazing to me is that these guys had no intentions of "turning back". They just kept plodding along as if that truck was indestructable. Don't try this at home kids!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, that pump is turned up so much, that motor won't last long. The driver wasn't the brightest either, I saw him let up while he was making progress, you never do that in those situations. I guess they made it, or we wouldn't be able to watch the vid. Just another great example of these trucks getting it done.

Another Ahab

Whew look at the black smoke coming outta there! Doin' work!
You're not lying, Brother; that truck was WORKING.

Makes me nervous though to see a guy stick his head in a wheel well while she's running (notwithstanding a full stop; the transmission out, and brakes locked). Can't call that smart (Darwin called it "natural selection").

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great video. We should keep in mind that the Diesel fuel available in some countries is still real Diesel fuel. I looks more like oil than fuel sometimes and smokes a lot because it has so much more energy in it. The engine uses what it can. They might not have turned it up at all. Notice how the smoke reduces when the engine is wound out and really pulling, and the black smoke is more when it's not pulling hard.

There's a sign along the way: Reserva Nacional Villarrica, in Chili. Looks like a great place! Reminds me of the movies 'Wages of Fear' and 'Sorcerer'.

Bob

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a sign along the way: Reserva Nacional Villarrica, in Chili. Looks like a great place! Reminds me of the movies 'Wages of Fear' and 'Sorcerer'.

Bob
Looked it up on Google Maps. That is some serious terrain around a snow covered volcano. The demeanour of the driver and his compadres suggests that this is not their first rodeo. I wonder what the live span between serious services/repairs is for a Deuce under these road and load conditions. Thinking dog bones, king pin bushings, clutch etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks