• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would a trading section in the classifieds be useful

original

I'm not a master trader by no means; however, I enjoy trading when the opportunity arises. Does anyone else see a need for a barter (trade only) section in the classifieds. I never like to ask someone about trading if they don't mention it in a for sale ad. I feel like I'm harassing them in a way. I also hate to be asked if I'll trade when I have a price and cash only listed in the ad.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a reason for someone to put it in their ad, in addition to the price they want. If someone is will then they will put it in their ad, if not, they won't.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it was in the section that required a premium membership the moderators would have a full time job keeping people from posting for sale ads and not just trades.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can place trade ads in the forsale section. Just be sure to include a price(like any other ad).

Artisan

You can place trade ads in the forsale section. Just be sure to include a price(like any other ad).

SO can I do something like this;

FOR TRADE "Wonder Widget" ;

I have a wonder widget, it is the best, runs like new, smells just a little. I would like to
trade it for your widget of a greater or equal value of about $100.00

?

The mandatory price deal I am sure has some merit (Personally, I still can't figure it out)
but when a guy just wants to off and item and asks for MAKE OFFER he can not per rulez,
I just do not see where that is a foul or could be an issue since it is all off the public view
now and no one can read anything anymore, which was a WISE decision BTW.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, listing an item for trade in the for sale section is fine. Just the for sale section though. Not wanted.

original

For the sake of simplicity, you are right. It was just a thought, as many classifieds have a barter section. That being said, anyone want to trade a broken rusted lawn mower, with a new spark plug, for a restored 5 ton hahaha. That seems to be the way most traders think anyway.

Jeepsinker

Personally I would like to see a trade/ barter Only section, with no cross posting to other classifieds allowed of course. But what we want doesn't matter, change does not come easily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks