• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would anyone be willing to donate a brake shoe for a deuce

TommyG45

Hey all,

I would like to experiment relining the brake shoes on the deuce instead of buying new shoes.

I am going to purchase a lining replacement kit and rivets.

Would anyone be willing to send me a junk one they may have laying around so I can experiment on. Play with different tooling and presses.....

If you have a junker and can part with it, let me know, I will work out the logistics of shippiing with you. Might be a fun follow on post as the cost of replacement of just the liners is much cheaper.

I really can't justify taking my deuce off line to rip into it for a shoe.

If your up for it let me know.

Tommy

JeepMan

Re: Would anyone be willing to donate a brake shoe for a deu

TommyG45 said:
Hey all,

I would like to experiment relining the brake shoes on the deuce instead of buying new shoes.

I am going to purchase a lining replacement kit and rivets.

Would anyone be willing to send me a junk one they may have laying around so I can experiment on. Play with different tooling and presses.....

If you have a junker and can part with it, let me know, I will work out the logistics of shippiing with you. Might be a fun follow on post as the cost of replacement of just the liners is much cheaper.

I really can't justify taking my deuce off line to rip into it for a shoe.

If your up for it let me know.

Tommy
Don't they bond them on these days??

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a pile of probably about 100 of them :D I'd be more than happy to box one up if you want to cover the shipping, PM me if interested.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the thickness is on a new Deuce shoe? I have been throwing all my brake parts in the scrap when I strip down axles but maybe there could be a market for them if they had a certain amount of thickness left on them???

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know about the new ones like ODIron is offering, but 5/16" all around has worked well for me, for drums with very little wear.
I think 1/4" would be OK, too, since they can be adjusted at the lower pivots.

G.

TommyG45

Hey all,

Quick update, I got some shoes from tie, thank you again. This is awesome... I am going to order the liners this week, and keep you all posted on the progress. Football season for the 95 pounders is winding down, and hopefully will have some time to dedicate to this little adventure soon. Thanks again to everyone who offered assistance.

Tommy

TommyG45

Update,

Just ordered the liners.

Each set comes with 4 liners and the associated rivets.

Total of three sets @ roughly 28.50 each from saturn.

Should be her by wednesday of next week.

Tommy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks