• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would like to have some pics...thanks M818 fuel lines

OC455

Does anyone have some good pics of the fuel lines on their M818? I have the TM up and I am looking at the schematics. Just wondering if anyone has pics of the way the fuel lines are on their truck. Thanks.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't presently have pics, but I DO have a recently acquired M818 (actually 1969 XM818 ) on which, I believe, the fuel lines would be ALL ORIGNAL. I could take any pics you'd like if you'll give me specifics for what views/cameral angles you need.

John

OC455

I don't presently have pics, but I DO have a recently acquired M818 (actually 1969 XM818 ) on which, I believe, the fuel lines would be ALL ORIGNAL. I could take any pics you'd like if you'll give me specifics for what views/cameral angles you need.

John
Just some of the lines on the tanks up to the fuel switch, nothing crazy. Overhead pic of the lines on the tanks would be great. Thank you.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I apologize that those pics took a back seat to other stuff.
As soon as we return to our home LZ I will indeed be taking those pics for you and posting them up.
We are currently at my mother-in-law's in New Mexico, but expect to return home Friday - weather permitting.

OC455

I apologize that those pics took a back seat to other stuff.
As soon as we return to our home LZ I will indeed be taking those pics for you and posting them up.
We are currently at my mother-in-law's in New Mexico, but expect to return home Friday - weather permitting.
OK, cool. Thank you.

NovacaineFix

I can try to take some of my 818 tomorrow, got no pressing plans for the daytime.

Before I take them, is there anything in particular or just a better visual than what the schematics offer?
Also, just in case. Mine has 2 55-gallons tanks, is yours the same, since you said the tanks were messed with.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries. I'm not in a rush.
H A P P Y . N E W . Y E A R !!!

My aplogies for taking such great license with your "no rush" comment above.

We just returned from our New Mexico trip last evening (after dark) and finally have gotten some pics for you.

As I mentioned, our XM818 is a new acquisition. I had not realized how the structure for the rear mounted winch modified the mounting of the diamond plates over the fuel tanks, but they are no longer easily removable. Hence, the pics below are "through the cracks" and therefore don't really do the fuel line routing much justice.

IMG_2805.jpg Right tank support mod.

IMG_2804.jpg IMG_2806.jpg RH Tank from front and looking inboard.

(Having trouble loading additional pics..... standby)

NovacaineFix

Okay, not sure if my pics are going to be any better than what USAFSS-ColdWarrior has already posted.

All my sheet metal and tool boxes are mounted, so I can't get a good clean overhead pic for you, sorry, not going to take all that stuff off at this time.

I think I got all these in the right order (?)

Left side tank
20160102_105208.jpg20160102_105212.jpg20160102_105217.jpg20160102_105245.jpg20160102_105255.jpg

Right side tank
20160102_105327.jpg20160102_105350.jpg20160102_105356.jpg20160102_105410.jpg

Also had trouble uploading the pics, from what I found may be the reason, my pic file size (in pixels) was too big.

Reduced the size of the pic and was able to upload multiple at a time instead of 1 at a time.:roll:

:cookoo:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks