• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would love to hear your thoughts on a M275A2

Tlauden

Hi guys.

Its been awhile since I have been on the board, mainly because I had sold the deuce I used to have. I know, I'm :cookoo::cookoo: for doing that...

Anyhow, I have been eyeing this bad boy up for years now. The gentleman said they may be willing to sell it now since they no longer need it. It has been parked for a few years, but was running. Its not in the best of shape, but they do have a lot of M35's sitting around (parts trucks). I can purchase a new fender and hard top for it eventually from them.

What would you be willing to pay "ballpark" for something like this, running and/or non-running? I don't know what a fair value on this would be since they don't seem to come up for sale often.

20121019_143337.jpg20121019_143329.jpg20121019_143318.jpg20121019_143236.jpg20121019_140050.jpg20121019_143114.jpg20121019_143127.jpg20121019_140159.jpg20121019_140133.jpg20121019_140235.jpg20121019_135927.jpg20121019_135915.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
It looks to have all of the correct tractor parts except the taillight brackets which is nice. Non turbo with a sprag t-case. They’re cool and not super common but they typically always bring less money than a cargo truck.

Katahdin

I paid 4K for this last summer in decent running condition with a hard top:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?171328-Katahdin-s-New-M275A2

I've since replaced all coolant hoses, returned the mirrors to stock, bypassed the FDC, added a pyro, serviced the steering knuckles, replaced a few brake parts, etc. It doesn't really matter which deuce model you buy, they're all money pits, ha ha.

For the one pictured and if the drivetrain works as it should, I'd maybe try to start around $2000 and negotiate in the replacement parts and hard top as extras.

Tlauden

Thats a good looking truck you got there for 4K! I was thinking somewhere in the area of 11.5k-2k also. My last deuce i bought from these guys was in running condition, to the point i was able to drive it home, for 2.5K.

What do you mean if the drivetrain works as it should though? Im guessing your referring to it not having the air locker front end?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
If you do end up with I've got the correct taillight brackets. I had to cut one up last year for parts for my short wheelbase dump truck.
As far as what it's worth that's a tough question. If it was running and I was buying it I'd prefer to be in the 2-3k range. Another $500 more wouldn't bother me too much either if it's in good shape and I was really wanting one. The rear crossmember isn't an expensive fix and passenger side front fenders aren't too hard to find in PA.

Like most military vehicle projects it's probably worth more in parts than as a complete truck. So far I've sold about 2k worth of parts off the one I had. That's scrapping the cab, doors, front fenders, hard top, hood and the grille. The radiator was missing and I haven't sold or am keeping the engine, transmission, quarter fenders, fuel tank, deck plates, rear axle and other small parts. It adds up! Luckily the hard to find parts are there on the one you're looking at.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I’d try to offer <$2k if you can’t drive it home. The body on mine is cleaner than that and I didn’t pay much more than that. It was a complete non-operational vehicle, however. I have lucked out that hardly any $$$ was required to get mine running, driving, and stopping.

Also, I have a flatbed. I don’t need the 5th wheel, and was happy to buy one with the flatbed. To many people a flatbed might lower the value.

I love the shortbed look...

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Nice find now you need a M118A1 6 ton semitrailer to go behind it if you buy it. Or the box van version don't know the m number.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks