• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would there be any interest in an all Stainless steel brake line kit for a deuce?

scootertrs

Guys, I am going out of town for about a week. When I come back, I will pay them a visit to see what their interest is and how much. They do not have an interest in dealing with single buyers, but mentioned that if someone wanted to place an order for a few, they might consider it. What I will do, if someone is interested in doing the sales and making some coins, if the manufacturer is interested, I will forward them the name of whoever tells me that they have an interest. I am not equipped to handle the sales and do not know where to begin but will gladly be your customer. If you are serious about stepping up to the plate, let me know. Thanks

scootertrs

Guys, sorry to say, the company I had approached has no interest for the moment. They said that in the future they might (during a slower season). We need to keep looking because whoever decides to do this will have ) imho a captive audience. It is hard to believe that their business is that good, but that is how it is... for now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would anyone happen to have the fitting sizes and line measurements for all the hoses on a deuce? I'm certain I can find someone to make hoses. Or I can also make up a parts list for a DIY from a speed shop like summit or jegs.

Sirblissfull

I would be interested in two sets for my M820A2s.

Contact me if they change their mind or someone gets a parts list together so I can know what to order.

Harleighguy

I'm also interested and I have not even put my hands on my '71 bobber yet~ Soon.... very soon! Braided SS hoses on my '65 Chevelle sure made a big difference. So I'd think it would be a good upgrade to a deuce or any MV. 2cents

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm working on it, and a few other upgrades, just need the factory lines for examples to build from. Or at least the hose end sizes/style.

Blacksunshyne

I used these guys for a complete stainless steel pre bent set for a landcruiser project I was working on.

Classic Tube - PreBent and Custom Stainless and OE Brake Lines and more...

The fit and finish was excellent, but it was a tad on the pricey side, but I am more of a do it once and do it right kind of guy, especailly on brakes...on very heavy trucks!:beer:

I wonder if they would have an interest in doing a group buy? I would be interested if the price didn't get really crazy.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's a number of people I can consult with on making "kits". I just need examples of the stock hoses. (I don't want to pull every hose I have off my truck to design the hoses and allow moisture into the system) There's only 5 hoses in the system. Two at the rear for each axle. One for the front axle from frame. And two hoses at each steering knuckle. Due to the shared braking system, you'd want to replace all the hoses at one time to keep braking force even among the wheels. Just need some hoses from a deuce being parted out. The hoses can be shot/rotten/cut, the key is the fittings on the ends.

215Dave

I'm very interested. I just bought the works for A3 upgrade and would love to replace all the hard lines and flex...
$300-$400 would prob be the ballpark I could play in though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks