• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would you buy it?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paul you are missing the point. The OP obviously knows very little about WWII jeeps if he thought those pics were of a war time jeep. Jeeps must be plentiful and cheap in PA

zout

45FMJOE
that is a lot of $$ for that jeep in that condition.

This depends on what your end project would be - a cleaned up version of the original ? Using the term restored is another point I wish not to bring up here.

If you wish to get parts to bring it back to somewhat original check the web sites that handle these parts and start adding up the $$$$$$$$$$ to get part - even used some people want blood or gold in trade for them.

If you can get the seller to get their feet and head back on the ground - PB is on target of what you may wish to offer for it - its not worth more for sure.

If you shop around if your wishing to spend that kind of hard earned dollars - there is better out there even with a shipping cost figured in.

Good luck. and this is only my worthess opinion and that not of SS or any association with the site.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
being that it is a civilian CJ3B in perfect condition it would only be worth $7500 to $8000 on a good day most likely $6500. Your talking apples to oranges when comparing this gem with a wartime jeep. WWII jeeps easily will bring twice the amount of a comparable civilian jeep.

chucksA1

Pass on this one - not Mil & certainly not MB. Appears to have CJ3 windshield. Civvy CJ dash & gauges. Early CJ-5
F-head motor (not L-134 flathead as should be in MB). Real MB/GPWs will have indents on drivers side for Shovel & Axe. (If shovel & Axe are on pass side = CJ-2/3). WW-2 jeeps will have sump under drivers seat for gas tank. Couple of other things to identify Military jeep (MB/GPW) at a glance: Look at the frame - on MB/GPWs there will be a plate welded on the crossmember behind the seats for a machine gun. If no plate - probably a civvy -CJ frame. - Steering connected to the front axle - Military... If connected to the frame - civvy. If connected to the axle, look closer at the front crossmember: Round crossmember = MB, Squareish channel type crossmember = GPW.

I've got a '41 MB but it has a civvy L-134 motor (only the ribs on the cyl head gives it away). Keep looking, they are out there! Go look in classifieds on G503.com. Very knowledgable board, but anal.

Chuck

45FMJoe

Funny thing happened this weekend, the guy called and sent me a million texts. He's desperate to sell, and I could have probably given him $1000 and taken it home. But it's not an MB, so why not wait for the real thing? And on top of that the federal government called me on Friday morning and offered me law enforcement job in Charleston, SC. My one in a million opportunity to move to the town I've wanted to move to for three years. So, I have to move next week and even if I wanted a CJ3B I couldn't take it now anyway.

Funny how things work, since I just won the M116A3 at the beginning of this month. I guess I got it just in time for the move.

M715VFD405

Awesome 45FMJoe glad to hear about your new job offer hope everything turns out alright with it and good luck. I've found that if a seller is that hard up to sell without a good reason they are prolly trying to get you to impulse buy. It's always best to take a large purchase slow that way there is no regret and you both walk away happy. fat lady sings

45FMJoe

Awesome 45FMJoe glad to hear about your new job offer hope everything turns out alright with it and good luck. I've found that if a seller is that hard up to sell without a good reason they are prolly trying to get you to impulse buy. It's always best to take a large purchase slow that way there is no regret and you both walk away happy. fat lady sings
Thanks man, I'm really excited. I have to pass one last PT test on Friday morning that I could do in my sleep, I'm just nervous because I get stage fright when it comes to make it or break it PT tests for some reason. But next week I'll be walking in the city I've dreamed of living in for three years so it will all work out! Plus I'll be closer to more GL sites. Since I'll be renting for a while my first order of business will be an M1009. :D

M715VFD405

The secret to stage fright is to put yourself in a mental state in which you are conferable. In this case however that may not work. A PT test you wanna be at your best physically. Personally I find that when I want to do that it helps to have a hot young girl watching if there isn't one handy make one up in your head and have her "watching you". Keep us posted on how it goes. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks