• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow we have a Wildfire right when my Truck is Coming!

JD4044M

Wow what a night we had a Arsonist light 4 fires and it still might get to our home! We were supposed to leave but did not evacuate were under a Level 3 right now the fire is 2 mile away but the winds made it travel 20 miles last night and go by us. If the winds had shifted we would have ate it. Still can get here supposed to have 50 MPH Gusts and 35 MPH sustained. I need to hook up with the driver. Our phone was down overnight and we just got power back. He can't come up our road it is blocked off due to the fire . That is it for now here is what I watched all night about 2 miles from us!! Last 2 I took off my porch!DSCF2741 (640x480).jpgDSCF2745 (640x480).jpgDSCF2749 (640x480).jpg

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't panic. If you are stuck there cut any thick brush next to your home or out buildings, haul it away from buildings. Wet down everything you can, or that could ignite from embers. Although if there is a ton of fuel, brush etc, It's gonna get hot, and you need to have an evac plan, or a large open dirt area with no fuel to get to. At 50mph Even just grassfire flames can lick over a road 30 yards or more. Hope they catch the fire bug. Good luck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JD4044M

I got the military truck all is well and they left it at my Mother in Laws. The Arson fire is 55 plus miles long and still burning fast, lots of homes and places burned up!! Running on my Generator we are OK none of buildings lost only God stopped that and us fighting it with hoses by ourselves!! We have 130 acres burned mostly grass and fence corner posts. My fire system worked great only burned around the fence lines at the house and we still have a view of the lake and in our yard. My Water cannon was great in the wind it was blowing 450 ft one direction and helped saved the big barn. All animals are OK What a mess everywhere else!! I know of 5 homes so far up here that burned around me and most of the Cameron lake area burned. It is worse than the last big fire except we were able to save everything! Making it short, I need to let people know we're OK! No Power or Phones, lots of poles burned down. It was one horrible fire 60 Plus MPH winds at times like a blow torch you could not out run it! Very scary had to were a mask to breath wife saving on barn and me saving the house and other thing. We were very lucky but also worked for 48 hours plus to save everything. Mark

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got the military truck all is well and they left it at my Mother in Laws. The Arson fire is 55 plus miles long and still burning fast, lots of homes and places burned up!! Running on my Generator we are OK none of buildings lost only God stopped that and us fighting it with hoses by ourselves!! We have 130 acres burned mostly grass and fence corner posts. My fire system worked great only burned around the fence lines at the house and we still have a view of the lake and in our yard. My Water cannon was great in the wind it was blowing 450 ft one direction and helped saved the big barn. All animals are OK What a mess everywhere else!! I know of 5 homes so far up here that burned around me and most of the Cameron lake area burned. It is worse than the last big fire except we were able to save everything! Making it short, I need to let people know we're OK! No Power or Phones, lots of poles burned down. It was one horrible fire 60 Plus MPH winds at times like a blow torch you could not out run it! Very scary had to were a mask to breath wife saving on barn and me saving the house and other thing. We were very lucky but also worked for 48 hours plus to save everything. Mark

Real happy to hear that you are safe and that your critters, house and barn weren't burned. Unfortunately the truck has to wait a few days - but it gives you something to look forward to. Your earlier idea of adding a water tank to it may be more important than ever...

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thankful that yall made it through that ordeal safe and sound. Seems like you were well prepared, I can't even imagine a fire that intense. Glad your truck made it there safely too. Take care

JD4044M

Well it is over for us the fire that is! Over 350,000 acres in 24 hours and we were in the middle. 130 burn but the home and barn where we fought it with 3000+ gals of water in 20 mins time did the job!! My truck got locked bu the Transport guy???!!! I went to get it and could not get in. I have to get a lock smith to open it up I guess and make me a key. The Truck is beautiful! Even had the tool kit with tire tools winter cover and jack never used. Here is a cople of the outside. MarkDSCF2881 (640x480) (640x480).jpgDSCF2882 (640x480).jpgDSCF2890 (640x513).jpgDSCF2889 (640x480).jpgDSCF2885.JPGDSCF2886 (640x480).jpgDSCF2853 (640x480).jpgDSCF2855 (640x480).jpgDSCF2833.JPG

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make yourself a skid for the back with a tank and pump, and you'll have a firetruck for next time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well it is over for us the fire that is! Over 350,000 acres in 24 hours and we were in the middle. 130 burn but the home and barn where we fought it with 3000+ gals of water in 20 mins time did the job!! My truck got locked bu the Transport guy???!!! I went to get it and could not get in. I have to get a lock smith to open it up I guess and make me a key. The Truck is beautiful! Even had the tool kit with tire tools winter cover and jack never used. Here is a cople of the outside. MarkView attachment 811526View attachment 811527View attachment 811528View attachment 811529View attachment 811530View attachment 811531View attachment 811532View attachment 811533View attachment 811534
Wow... I remember seeing that building down at the bottom of the hill in some of your first pictures. Definitely not far from the house! Pretty amazing how the grass is scorched almost completely and the little pine tree is burned at the bottom - but a few feet up it doesn't look like it was touched. Fire must have really been moving fast...

So, the door lock thing is kinda stupid. The lock actuator inside seems to be a round knob about the size of a silver dollar out near the trailing edge of the door. It sticks out about an inch or so. On mine, it operates "up and down" with down being locked. Pretty easy to lock by accident getting out if you don't push the door all the way open... Actually seems incredibly stupid that it is where it is and operates like it does. Of course that is my opinion - and everybody has and is entitled to one. THANKFULLY the first time I bumped mine and locked myself out on the drivers side - the passenger door wasn't locked.

Don't know it to be a fact, but I have seen several door key references to a "Trimark 202" for A1 model trucks. Also have seen mention that S&S used a volvo door handle. Could be BS. Don't know for sure.

I would say you did exceptionally well on your purchase. I have this cute little box on the passenger side of my truck. Says "TOOLS" on it. Nothing in mine but dust. And a jack too? AND the bag that the tools belong in... YES SIR, you definitely did good on that!

JD4044M

I got the truck home and drove it 0-50 MPH for 22 miles!! Drives and steers great! At first I could not get the air to shut off? Brakes started to come on till I found the Glad Handle leaking. I put tape layers under the handles and got the air up to 120 PSI and the rest of the trip was smooth sailing all the way. Truck runs nice!! I need to check fluid levels on the front and rear differentials and all bearing oil in the hubs just to be sure they're OK and correct. Easy to steer and lots of people waving and looking! Got home and found 6 Army Bibles and a Driver Warning setup for the passengers in the back to stop the driver warning. Brand new looking too like never used. It has the seats in the back, no rips in the front seats, no dents, all gauges look nice, 55 PSI oil pressure, fan come on at 220 long ways from red. Brake like new! I am happy!!

Found the Fire Extinguisher and Bracket too just now. Plates are on now.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother works at the dam in Bridgeport (well he's employed there but they haven't been allowed in since March). He lives out of a 5th wheel parked close by in an RV park and travels home to Pullman on weekends. He mentioned there was a fire close by but I hadn't gotten any details or whether his trailer made it through.

JD4044M

There is so much damage it is hard to follow! A couple was burned bad and there baby died in it they were traped in a wrecked 2 wheel drive truck. The 3 made a run for the river and did not make it is time the baby died of burns and the parents got bad burns and were airlifted to a burn center and being work on. It was so fast over 55 miles long in 24 hours 358,000 acres plus so far and 0 containment! This was taken from town and shows what were in the middle of it was so hot!AFire5.jpg

JD4044M

Were hanging in there just so much to do with no power running the generator for everything to have water from the well to. I am so tired and beat I need a week off but that isn't happening for a long time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got word from my brother that his RV survived. They had some damage at the dam and lost 2 Gator ATVs and a van plus some cracked windows in the Admin building but nothing to hinder operations at the dam. Bridgeport is apparently out of power due to a switch line being taken down in town but the dam has power generating and flowing out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks