• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker anchor spades on a M818

rmgill

WWII Canadians had a different way of doing this that's pretty nifty.

Winch Scotches.

There are hooks that are on the frame for the cables/chains to attach to for these. You plant them on the ground in front of the wheels, hook them up with the chains for the correct length, then drive up on them. They keep the vehicle from moving in the direction you're pulling with the winch. (One direction at a time because you can't drive forwards AND back at the same time)

Attachments

70deuce

That is cool and not hard to fabricate. That system would be much lighter to haul around also. And for weight comments, the anchor spades are lighter than they look. I was surprised that they weigh only about 20-25 lbs if that.

Gamagoat1

Great job Phil,
That truck is big but doesn't weigh that much. Those will keep it in place when you winch my wrecker out of a mud hole.
The Army should have thought of that one.
Now, if you can just come up with a way to get my boom jacks apart..............

70deuce

They are Goodyear 11X20 G286 tube radials. Max load single 7390 lbs at 120 PSI. They are sweet tires and the truck handles like a dream. They came off a wrecked M813.

Phil

grounded

Banned
I got some brand new radials (11x20) also at the house for my wrecker and look about the same. Ill have to look when get back home. Good to hear that they are a good tire. Im sure 2 of them are the goodyears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks