• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker arrives

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my M816 home today from Fort Gilliam and it had the bolltes still on it I need a hood and front bumper I don't know what all I got with it have got to cut the locks off .
AEC Retired Tony

WPNS421

Good find, on Monday I bought mine from Eastern Surplus, can't buy one from GL(EUC). Mine will come complete with all the components i.e. sheaves, mud legs etc. I know that Eastern has a bunch of spare parts and accessories of BII. I will be getting mine after it is cleaned and repainted. I asked about the oxy/acet bottles and I was told that many shipping companies will not transport them and that original maybe hard to find. Will post pictures soon.

3d63

I was thinking about adding a 5ton dump or wrecker to the growing collection what is a fair market value for something running and drivable . I appreciate any and all input THANKS:!:

WPNS421

I did a lot of looking to find a good machine. A SS in MO had one for sale that he had bought at a GSA sale and he was reselling the truck for $12k w/accessories 15K. The truck appeared to be in good condition but had to be repainted. You have to decide what type of wrecker you want and how much work you have to do and how much will that "to do" cost. Wreckers are a pretty hot item at the moment and more and more people are acquiring them. I watched a few Gl sales and the wreckers were going from $7.5 to $9.5k + 10% + taxes +transport. Take a look at the classified ads here and then look at the advertisers on the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks