• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Bed (A Good Laugh.)

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are mean! I think it looks just great, and by the time Kenny finishes, you will all be jealous!
Bruce

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kenny, I have a plasma cutter and welders at the ready. I am getting proficient at sheet metal work too. Once SW gets 220 service(I might just bring my own) we can knock out a few projects! I have once again re-started on the dump bed trailer project. I should open a new thread on it, HMMmmmm.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That thing looks like Ferro's M543 that he pulled out of the woods. It lost 1.5 tons of rust just going down the road.......

I agree with SW. Get rid of the sheet metal, and mount the boom on the CUCV. Then build your own sheet metal bed to your specs.......

goatijoe

Put stiff legs on it that bed will pull the gates of you know where off the hinges then. I have also seen a boom mounted on a turret and made in to a rotater A.K.A. a Tater. It looked like that took the turret off a small trackhoe or something like that and made it to the bed and attached the boom to it.

ducer

I repaired a Challanger body that was worse than that. aua You will get verry good at cutting 1/8 steel plate in straight lines and making bends using a cutoff wheel to score the steel. A lot of work but not hard. Too bad your so far away.

Denny

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I repaired a Challanger body that was worse than that. aua You will get verry good at cutting 1/8 steel plate in straight lines and making bends using a cutoff wheel to score the steel. A lot of work but not hard. Too bad your so far away.

Denny
Optimism I like to hear. I wish brakes to bend 11ga weren't so expensive. Thanks!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks very rough, but I have seen worse come back from the dead. With your level of knowledge Kenny, I'm sure you can make it happen.

2002ford

I am headed down to Alabama next week. I will have an empty car trailer going south. If you want we could meet somewhere if you have a way to get it off my trailer.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that happens make sure we remember to get the pump out of the barn for it.

:)

2002ford

I am headed to Autaugaville. This is the second time. Lol. There was a paperwork issue and I had to leave a 1028 down there. I will get it this time. Lol

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me try to absorb my options here on this one Doug. I can,t make the run up but maybe I can find a stash point nearby. I know ChevyC60 is contemplating a run up th te Morgans in Macon but I've already cashed a favor to him, he is fetching my M1008.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Would you be coming down 75 ???, if you were doing 75 which is 2 hours from the house, then meet and bring the bed here, Kenny has kin about a hour north ???

Could the bed be come-alonged onto another trailer ??, not worried about hurting the bed, worried about tearing up the trailer.

Last edited:

2002ford

I am going down 65. My trailer is steel decked so it will slide. I have a winch but no tackle box or what ever you call them to reverse the pull.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks