• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker bed

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you're retarded. rofl

AND I believe that it's not broke, it can spin all the way around if you remove the stops. Stops were put in to prevent some dummy from spinning the rig around and knocking the crap outta the cab. Remove the stops, watch where you point that thing (you could poke an eye out) and enjoy the benefit of 360-degree spin!

redass73

I had learned that the A/W beds could be made to fully rotate, but nothing positive about the garwood's. 360 would be great I would start that project today if I knew a little more.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Austin Western cranes on the M62, M246, M819, M60 and M108 have a removable stop that you can take off and run the crane 360 without issues. I don't think the Garwood beds of the M543, M816 and M936 can do this.

Gamagoat1

Both M543A2 and M816 have stop blocks that are removable so a soldier "A" can smack the crap out of soldier "B" while he is asleep in the cab.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i beleave its how the plumbing is set up on the 543 and the 816 that keep it from doing a 360 and keep on going, the a/w cranes have only 2 lines that go to the swivel

Gamagoat1

I positively guaranty they will turn 360. The hydraulic pump is mounted on the turntable assembly and is driven by a bevel gearbox mounted below the crane body and turntable. There are no hoses connected to the crane body, just to the pump. That pump drives all hydraulic devices above the turntable. There is a slip ring assembly to insure electrical power to the lighting.
See para. 2-27 in TM-2320-260-10

redass73

I did it!! Its very easy. there is a small stop under the shipper. just rotated the tank side to the rear removed the little side skirt and unbolted the stop. you only need a 15/16 wrench, and round and round you go..

Gamagoat1

Now you can give the neighborhood kids rides and pay for the fuel.
I've used mine to remove the spare, sure is easier than lifting it by hand!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks