• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker boom control, need help fixing

drjconley

I have a m62a2. The boom up down control is not working. It was working fine until I think I pushed the control too far forward. Now it will not go up, I can hear fluid being diverted, but it appears to either lower or bypass the boom up ram.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start to either fix or replace the control lever?

Thank You,

Jim

drjconley

I am assuming that is when it happened. I was working the boom, everything was working fine, and then when I was picking up the boom I pushed the boom up control forward to the stop. After that the control would no longer work. It will go down, but it wont go back up. In the up position, the boom will start to go up, then it will go down just like it is in the down position.

Does anyone have any suggestions or the TM number on where to start to fix the control.

As always thanks for any help.

Jim

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you looked to make sure the pins are in place(at the bottom of the stick)? My M62 had a pin come out and it would go down but not up, or go up but not down. It is an easy fix.

drjconley

I pulled off the cover yesterday, but I quickly realized I didn't know what I was looking for. I will check that out as soon as I can and get back to you. I hope the fix will be that easy, but if history has taught me anything, I am not planning on it. Most of my projects have a tendency to grow in both size and expense.

Jim

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a pin at the bottom (I think) and it is the pivot point for the plunger to pull out or push in. I might have had to screw in the part that goes in/out. It has been a while, sorry.

drjconley

Gimpyrobb, thanks for your help. I appreciate all help given. Is there a TM related to the hydraulics on a M62? I like to read up on what I am about to do.

Jim

drjconley

I read the book from the crane manufacturer, it had some good info. Is there a TM with flow charts for repairing the crane and associated parts. I am looking for something that has lots of soldier A and soldier B.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks