Wrecker control unit for LMTV 1089 Wreckers.... winchs/stinger/fold/extend etc.

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Socommfg

I have had a request to manufacture a Wrecker Control unit for the 1089 wreckers.

Before getting into running down all of the parts that are needed I would like to find out what the level of interest is. These will be made in new aluminum cases, unlike the original steel box.

Final cost will be reflected in the amount of interest, The plugs are very expensive.

We currently mfg'er the crane control cables for the 1089 and the Grove style Crane units and have the control assembly.

coachgeo

Since you make part of the OEM M1089 Hydraulic system already..... would part of why you have to remake them differently.. be because you can not conflict with existing govt. contract/regulations? Just curious..... makes since if that is part of the reasoning in change to aluminum cases.

Coffey1

He's a private individual like us and can make some of the electrical stuff for us.
By copying it.

Like some of my wrecker steel, I have made by a machine shop.

coachgeo

am sure he ventures far enough beyond patent(s) to keep it good for everyone. Was not where was going with my question..... which coffey answered well. Build on my friend

Socommfg

Since you make part of the OEM M1089 Hydraulic system already..... would part of why you have to remake them differently.. be because you can not conflict with existing govt. contract/regulations? Just curious..... makes since if that is part of the reasoning in change to aluminum cases.
I make custom cable for different equipment. The steel case would be a PIA to mfg'er. A aluminum case would be easier and give the switching more protection. The steel case tend to rip the cover off.