• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wrecker crane shaft help

Cowlhoods

Does anyone know the procedure to getting the driveshaft loose from the crane torret on M543/816. I need the shaft loose to machine it to fit my pillow blocks/sprockets. It looks like a bunch of ball bearings.
thanks for any help
Patrick

Cowlhoods

thank you. Too bad the sight is down, huh..lol. I googled your TM and found mass info on the maintanance, etc that I can use but not the actual removal of the crane driveline. I pulled the boot and some oil poured out and it looks like 6 or so bolts holding a cage for a ball bearing cv to remove it. Like a automobile CV . We have to remove the shaft and either machine it to 1.25 or ad a section of thick walled pipe and couple it to some 1.25 solid keyed stock for my pillow block and sprocket. I can see my crane operating tomorrow!!
one power beyond fitting from seeing my outriggers and downriggers and sidepuller work. I have the 45k working off the hydraulic conversion and it is awesome. :jumpin: