• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker for sale

hmburner

I have had my eye on this truck for awhile now,but the owner won't budge on the price and I cant afford to drive it and my duece. It is located in Wainfleet Ontario CANADA and he wants 5 grand for it. For us canucks there is no way to get around this being a commercial vehicle with yearly e tests and safetys or plate it as historical. He says it runs and the locals tell me stories of how he has used it to tow farmers tractors out of the mud on occasion. The owner has told me he inherited it from his dad and that its a gasser. I live 20 minutes away and can help with paperwork and transportation if someone wants it

Bill

Attachments

m109guy

Thanks for posting it.

I would be interested in it, but it looks as if it needs a good amount of work and that it has been sitting for a while. At $5K it isn't a ridiculous price, but it is still a good amount of money for something in that shape and distance away. I tend to stay away from any big restoration projects anymore as they really aren't worth the money and time.

But a wrecker in Canada is a rare find, and I am sure someone with the money and time could really bring it back to its golden days.

I had this in a thread a while back as we were looking at this. The price was think 4 grand but we had offered a tax receipt and or cash/tax receipt. He's a trucker and isn't easy to get hold of. He bought it from a CFB London auction. I thought we had some type of deal going, but,he really never got back to us on this and then we picked up the much better one we had now. Has some major cancer and tires shot. The day we were there he didn't get it started. It has the radio tray in the cab. I'll send some of the other pics I took to compliment HMBURNER'S ones. He also has avery interesting single axle civvie Dodge dump truck in VG shape. It caught my eyye but I didn't take a pic.
Smith out

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks