• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Hydraulic issues

The two check valves are more likely to be restrictor valves that will limit the oil flow to keep the boom from a free fall situation in the event of a hose rupture. If they were 100% check valves, you could never let the boom down.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be pilot operated checks, where the pressure from the top of the cylinder opens the check to allow the cylinder to lower. That way, if a hose breaks, nothing moves. Very common in manlifts.

The boom is not power down. Therefore, no pilot operated check valves. The check valve is composed of the housing (two screw together pieces), a compression spring, a piston plunger , o'ring, and flat washer. The M936 uses the same setup. Even without power, the boom lowers just the same as a fork truck lowers the forks.

brianrbull

Does any one have the NSN or part# for the actual Check Valve? I think I found it but I am unsure, I want to try to source them and Cylinder Packings before I go home. in 54.18 days....Thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need the cyl packings there is a local hyd shop and the guy can get packings for any hyd cyl made. If you have trouble finding them you can send me the old packing and I can match them up for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks