• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker Owners, Stand up and be Recognized!

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M108 body sitting on an XM211 truck, that I am restoring.
The truck is now running and licensed, and I am busy with the hydraulics on the crane now.
Bruce

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 1954 M-62 with a Continental R6602. Not real nice on the wallet when you're taking her places, BUT its lots of fun, everybody wants to use it and can do most anything but fly and swim. Still looks a little rough but putting her to rights is being done right. If they quit skidding logs, standing cannon molds in the foundry etc It could get done. But she loves being kept indoors now, especially in winter.:D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This one would one heck of rally if we could get all the guys and their wreckers together just 2cents2cents.
i plan to take the 819, I think PB is bring the 818, and BFR is bring his crane deuce, would be nice if we had a few more wreckers so there wasnt any waiting for the loadind/unloading, dont think there will be a shortage of lifting equipment this year
:beer:

5_TON_TOMATOE

Talk about late to the party-

I slept through the alarm.

1953 International M-62, 6602 Contenental

About to get a complete brake job on all 6 axles. Will be posting a thread w/ lots of pics soon :beer:

raeme

Does this count? I drove and operated an M816,M543A2 ,M543, M113 ARVL , LEOPARD HEAVY RECOVERY TANK, INTERNATION 5ton 6x6 twin boom in the Australian Army for 41/2 years with a field force engineer workshops.
raeme.

5_TON_TOMATOE

Leopard heavy recovery tank

Does this count? I drove and operated an M816,M543A2 ,M543, M113 ARVL , LEOPARD HEAVY RECOVERY TANK, INTERNATION 5ton 6x6 twin boom in the Australian Army for 41/2 years with a field force engineer workshops.
raeme.
Is this anything like a U S M-88 tank recovery vehichle?

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark down one more M-62 International, old well used, and rescued from a horrible fate as "cold tonnage". She runs, gets LOUSY milage (Cont. R6602 gasser) but has earned her keep here and there, seems to love the attention and is a ball to drive and watch the little rice burners run for the berm.:driver:

5_TON_TOMATOE

New life

Mark down one more M-62 International, old well used, and rescued from a horrible fate as "cold tonnage". She runs, gets LOUSY milage (Cont. R6602 gasser) but has earned her keep here and there, seems to love the attention and is a ball to drive and watch the little rice burners run for the berm.:driver:
MINE WAS TO RECEIVE A SIMULAR FATE, HEADED FOR SCRAP, when I saved it. I just picked up a new distributor( mine had the advance weights taken out and welded solid) the RIGHT carb, and a new water pump!!- Can't believe I found the mother load of parts, at least for a short time. Trying to get it ready for our next Rallye, and should be able to keep up, as well as serve as a recovery vehicle, should it be needed. (Murphy in our pocket) :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks