• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker rear drag winch brake drum

MAZ537

Hello guys,

I have six 45k rear winches for rebuild ,all the brake drums are badly pitted , I have clean one on a lathe but I have to remove at least 2mm from it to have a nice smooth surface.The wear limit is very tight on these (from 5.503" to 5.497")...So can I still use them ?
Thank you!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Worst comes to worst, make a sleeve for it. Make it small enough to have an interference fit(heat it up to install) or plug weld it and machine flat.

MAZ537

Worst comes to worst, make a sleeve for it. Make it small enough to have an interference fit(heat it up to install) or plug weld it and machine flat.
This sounds good , but the brake drum is cast iron and I do not know if the sleeve is doable ?
These things are almost impossible to find !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks