• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker tow lights

Rattlehead

I am planning to make up a set of temporary tow lights for use when recovering a vehicle via towbar, or towing a trailer that has an inoperable electrical system or one that is not compatible with MV's (ex 12v). Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the tow lights that are used with the wreckers? I am curious as to how they are typically mounted on the towed vehicle, and would like to pattern mine after them.

fusn

i have a set that looks to strap around the rear bumps when i get back to the shop next week i will take a pic or two. these are oem look to be unused

Rattlehead

Thanks for the help everyone! Do these things telescope? It appears there are wing nuts holding the brackets to the horizontal square tube frame.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do not telescope. There are rubber feed on the main bar at the ends and the 2 adjustable and removable stand off legs as well. Each strap is about 6' long. For as simple as they are, they adapt pretty well to the back of most MVs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are GI. Bought them piecemeal from beltfed on Ebay. Actually bought 1 set sans cord then bought another set in poorer condition with a cord. Kept the cord and sold the other bar to 73M819

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where there is a set of these lights but I think the setup of the lights are different, I will try to get some photos next time I am there.
James G.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a side note, since the trailer connectors are connected to the lights on both the towing and towed vehicles, a double ended cable can be made up to connect both.
I did just that when the XM757 was towed home, extra cables were available damaged one way or another, but splicing two ends together did the job. The lights on the towed vehicle must be in working condition, of course....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks