• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker wiffle tree going rate?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if I could have gotten one on the plane? I missed those completely but I'll bet they were gone by my Friday arrival.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose the whiffle trees are just like anything else. The year before, I could not give them away. For that reason, I thought long and hard about even bringing them (they are heavy!). I decided to bring them this past year and probably lowered my price from the previous year. Yes, I believe they were all gone by Friday evening. Mine were all in good working condition and complete...but a couple had some surface rust...all were scratched up from bouncing around on a wrecker (and my garage floor).

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I come across any more, I'll let everyone know. I doubt I will, however, as all five were on my now-departed M936A2. I'm not sure why they needed five...

acetomatoco

The term originated of course with horse drawn wagons... it allowed more than one horse to pull a wagon, equally distributed grunting..check with an old farmer for more info...

KaiserM109

It occurs to me that a person could get into a lot of trouble by buying a MV wrecker and trying to be helpful without knowing what he is doing. For you guys that ran wreckers in the military, I understand where you got your training, but what about others? I learn a lot of things by trial and error, but having a problem through ignorance when hauling a 15,000 lb. truck behind a 20,000 lb. truck down the interstate is no place to learn the hard way. Do you have to have a CDL?

If I ever run across a wiffle tree and recognize it, I will keep you guys in mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks