• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker wiffle tree going rate?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I've been looking for one of these for my M543A2 for years. I mostly want it for the sake of completeness, even though I just use my wrecker as a yard crane. I'd just as soon trade my whole wrecker for a suitable military crane with hydraulic outriggers and a boom that's controllable from the driving position.

dmetalmiki

Please post a pic of that whiffle tree. (I have a lot of tackle on my wrecker (includind boxed a bars with adaptors. )do I (actualy?) HAVE this piece of kit???

JDToumanian

It occurs to me that a person could get into a lot of trouble by buying a MV wrecker and trying to be helpful without knowing what he is doing. For you guys that ran wreckers in the military, I understand where you got your training, but what about others?
Between FM 20-22 (vehicle recovery), available for download here on SS, and the operator's manual for the wrecker being used, I would think that one could tackle anything the wrecker is capable of with confidence.

Jon