Wrecker wishlist of mods

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

AZORRAT

Another Option instead of making the bed removable, would be to copy the 5th wheel capability of the m819. Thinking that might be easier to accomplish. So basically take Zebedee's wheelbase stretch idea

View attachment 665005

Relocate the rear winch to just behind the cab and using rollers to guide the cable out past the crane/bed. Then installing a 5th wheel plate where the rear winch was, similar to the back of this m819.

View attachment 665006

Input is greatly appreciated as to which idea would be better to go with and why.
Hey Red. Where did you get the picture of this M816?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
That was me playing with the original image, as I did for the 4x4, the 10x10 etc. Just a computer concept developing my 'Photoshop' skills.

flashbucks

Use to fly these in the AF. 42000 lbs (upgrade to 50k later) of pick it up and set it down where ever you want. Miss those days. (That was for the picture of the HH53 Sikorsky Super Jolly Green Giant)

Last edited:

AZORRAT

What is your guys thoughts on adding an additional clutch depress air pack lever near the front winch so you can operate the front winch outside the cab. My M275 has the air brake handle on the steering column I was going to try. It’s very similar to the Wrecker valve, pressurizes on one way and dumps the other. An additional throttle would be nice also.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Use to fly these in the AF. 42000 lbs (upgrade to 50k later) of pick it up and set it down where ever you want. Miss those days. (That was for the picture of the HH53 Sikorsky Super Jolly Green Giant)
Oh, Man, sure would love to see THAT pic:

- For some reason not all the pics are visible (or open when you click).

Aw, shoot...