• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman and Elmo AL to NE

rwbrown72

Big thanks to WM for the trailer delivery! Worked out great. It was nice to finally meet him and have lunch. He was a little hot when he rolled into Mt. Vernon. Elmo was tired too. All in all a great trip. :shock:Wreckerman rides again!:shock:

Last edited:

rwbrown72

As long as you did noy ASK what made it STICKY
YUCK! He did spend time in Korea! I heard he even wrecked a HEMTT there. Something about a four foot fat midget gal and her foot getting stuck in the steering wheel or something. We'll probably never know, cause Wreckerman blamed it on the butter bar that got out of ocs a week ago! LOL!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It is Wed. moning and I am bright eyed and bushy tailed again (or maybe bushy eyed and bright tailed).....Elmo is still sleeping off his gluttony of last night (I gave him an extra ration of Purina Possum Chow).

We have no agenda today....Ziggy mentioned something about putting the Motor Pool to rights and I'll hold out until the heat gets me. To say there are a few cool MV's here is an understatement of epic proportions. I have been in military units with less equipment.:shock:

Photography is governed by OPSEC but I will try to smuggle the Cannon down range and get a couple of spy shots.

It was great to cross this manificent country and meet Russell, Glen, Pete (Glen's buddy?) and Ross.

Except for being hot as two rats farking in a wool sock the trip was fine......truck ran great. pickups/deliverys were smooth and the arrival here was grand.

This is prob my last hurrah for this year (except for the GA Rally) since I go back to school next month.

Many thanks to all those who supported the trip and helped Jeremy get his truck and trailer this far.

I hope he has as uneventful trip back to Minot as I had to this point

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Job Well Done !

WM & Elmo and all associated with this recovery/delivery mission. :driver:

Congratulations :beer:

Mission accomplished [thumbzup]

May you each have relaxing and uneventful trips back to your repective LZ's :jumpin::driver:

<Kudos>

<APPLAUSE>

<STANDING OVULATION>

:mrgreen:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Small update.....Wed afternoon....I helped Ziggy move some trailers around today but the heat is still kicking my butt......we had another excellent meal made by GIP......pork chops and other fixins.

Elmo is stalking his love interest "Teriyaki Chicken".....he dissapeared a couple of hours ago. I gave him the safe sex talk but he is after all..........just a possum.

Bighurt is supposed to arrive tomorrow to claim his prize.......we are going to look around tomorrow to see if we can find a loading dock or some way to get his pickup truck up onto the new flatbed.

Pics will be posted as always.

Bighurt

My leave officially started at 2100 hrs tonight, my supervisor didn't like being blindsided by my leaving 8 hrs early (we were 6pm-6am tonight). But he couldn't go against AFI and he signed the paperwork without looking.

I'm packed ready to go, and about to lay down for bed.

I'm anticipating leaving at 0500hrs tomorrow which will put me at Area 52 at 1700hrs tomorrow. I have a stop in Scotland SD at Dueceman51's place to retrieve parts, I also have one fuel stop.

I have the camera charged and all the tools I could muster, much of my tool box is packed from the evacuation.

[thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are SS Mission Trackers all over Mr. Gore's internet. Thank you ALL for keeping us posted.

This is MUCH better than the military tracking Santa's movements every Christmas!!!!
And the TOYS are a lot more fun too.

Godspeed BigHurt !

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you open to a haul or backhaul in the future. I am always looking.
This mission just about finished me.....I have have had all the hot weather driving in a hot truck I can enjoy for a while......I will be going back to school in a few weeks and I have some stuff to accomplish around the LZ before then.

Here are some pics for today.

Jeremy (Bighurt) arrived this afternoon and we got his big Ford loaded on the trailer for the return trip to North Dakota. Finding a good loading dock was a challenge but we managed to "GIT R' DONE".

Elmo took time off from carousing with the wanton floozy chicken to supervise the load out.

Pic 3: ZiggyO, Bighurt and Elmo.

Pic 4: M915 as seen from the inside an M151 with plastic rear window.

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

I remember seeing both of those trucks! I am almost sure of it... The sunglasses look familiar as well.... Glad she is headed home. Good luck my friends. Glen

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This mission just about finished me.....I have have had all the hot weather driving in a hot truck I can enjoy for a while......I will be going back to school in a few weeks and I have some stuff to accomplish around the LZ before then.
Here are some pics for today.
Jeremy (Bighurt) arrived this afternoon and we got his big Ford loaded on the trailer for the return trip to North Dakota. Finding a good loading dock was a challenge but we managed to "GIT R' DONE".
Elmo took time off from carousing with the wanton floozy chicken to supervise the load out.

Pic 3: ZiggyO, Bighurt and Elmo.
Pic 4: M915 as seen from the inside an M151 with plastic rear window.
Looks like another mission successfully accomplished by some good troops!:beer:

WM I'd say you have earned a good long rest in a cool place.

Thanks for posting.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well...the saga is winding down......Jeremy left early this AM from ZigggyO's LZ.

I went down to the truckstop with him to get some final pics and make sure he got "the tin in the wind".

We had a quick "heart attack in a sack" breakfast and he hit the air.

Since I have had no call from him I am hoping that all is well. If the truck runs as good for him as it did for me he should make the trip to ND easily.

The rig looked great as it launched from the truckstop.

I came back to the hooch and took a nap......still trying to catch up on my rest.

Attachments

91W350

Looks awesome... Thanks for the photos Wreckerman, you ever find yourself lost in Kansas again, be sure to drop me a line. Glen

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB:
I LUV that little Beagle Poster!!!!
It's perfectly suited for that post too.

WM:
Thank you once again for the update and photojournalism.

For a privately owned MV Truck and Trailer, that Military Uniform that BigHurt is wearing sure makes it all look like active motorpool stock.

Rest well, soldier. You and Elmo are relieved of duty and the next team will take it from here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks