• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman and Elmo to Cincy area

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I picked up a couple of trailers for a fellow SS member the other day and I am contemplating a trip to Ohio to deliver them or to get them as far as Cincy. I'll be pulling a 26 foot gooseneck with a Dodge dually.

If I can find something up there headed south to offset the fuel back I will consider making the trip.

I may be getting an engine in a can from Gimp that will be on the trailer.

I will have a few feet of trailer left on the trip up and could carry a small trailer or some boxes or crates.

I have a small trailer that belongs to mckeeranger that may be on there but there should still be some room.
If I make the trip I'll be headed up I-59 to Chattanooga and then hit I-75 to Cincy or points north.

I don't want to veer too far off course and can't linger at any stop too long.

If you have stuff going farther south than my LZ I'll store it here until the Steel Soldiers Express can pick it up and move it.

Since I am on Hot Standby for the birth of my first grandchild the trip will prob take place in early Jan.

PM if interested.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I picked up a couple of trailers for a fellow SS member the other day and I am contemplating a trip to Ohio to deliver them or to get them as far as Cincy. I'll be pulling a 26 foot gooseneck with a Dodge dually.

If I can find something up there headed south to offset the fuel back I will consider making the trip.

I may be getting an engine in a can from Gimp that will be on the trailer.

I will have a few feet of trailer left on the trip up and could carry a small trailer or some boxes or crates.

I have a small trailer that belongs to mckeeranger that may be on there but there should still be some room.
If I make the trip I'll be headed up I-59 to Chattanooga and then hit I-75 to Cincy or points north.

I don't want to veer too far off course and can't linger at any stop too long.

If you have stuff going farther south than my LZ I'll store it here until the Steel Soldiers Express can pick it up and move it.

Since I am on Hot Standby for the birth of my first grandchild the trip will prob take place in early Jan.

PM if interested.
WOW, there may a repeat of the 11SSGRR, poor ELMO, KNOWING how the GIMP is.

Attachments

Last edited:

91W350

Congrats man! I hope your season's blessing arrives safely, wrapped in warm love and happiness. Might keep Elmo away for a couple of years though, give the kid a fighting chance at normal... Glen

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am still on "Hot Standby" for the youngun......not sure what the major malfunction is but the daughter-in-law is going back to the doc tomorrow.....have to wait to find out if the kid is holding out to be the first baby born in 2012.

If I make the trip to Cincy it will be toward the end of next week depending on the weather (SNOW BAAAAAD!!!!!!).

Sail-bum....I have some other items for gimp so if you can get the hitch to me consider it delivered if we make the trip.

What I would really like is a paying backhaul from up that way back to this area. That would just about cinch the deal for me to make the trip.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
BUMP!!!!!

I need to make the trip to Cincy this weekend and I need a backhaul from OH, KY, TN to my area.

I'll be going up I-75 most of the way (Chattanooga to Cincy).

I would prefer not to go too far off route coming back but I'll entertain offers if I can make some fuel money.

I'll be pulling a 26 foot gooseneck....going up I have about ten feet of room left on the rear of the trailer.

Coming back I'll have an almost empty trailer.

PM for contact info.

stoney_bogg

B3.3T
Ohio Land of Grant,Custer and Hayes---You forgot the Souths Favorite--The one who visited Georgia---- William T.Sherman- He like to bring salt and fire to lots of Georgia.
Born in Lancaster Ohio--Near where Kipman lives.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If anyone comes up with something that needs hauling between now and Sunday morning I will have this puter with me (I have an air card).

I'll check PM's and email before I leave Gimps place Sunday morning and can make pickup(s) along the way if the item can be picked up on Sunday while enroute back to Alabama.

I can carry a car or other light load that will fit on a 26 foot trailer. I'll have ramps with me in case I need them.

Elmo is getting low on Purina Possum Chow so help a brother out if you can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks