• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman screwed the pooch

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well....me and Elmo got a visit from Mr. Murphy this morning.

I cranked up the work deuce to slave off the M275.....I left it sitting on fairly flat land with the E-brake on.

I went into the shop to get the cables and as I was coming out the door I heard a loud "BANG" and the van trailer in front of the shop moved back about a foot.

The deuce had rolled and hit the front of the van.....spearing the radiatior with one of the glad hands.

The hood and grill are trashed......don't know if the radiator got into the fan or not.

Before he left Murphy added insult to injury.....when I slaved off the M275 (using another deuce) the engine went wide open throttle. I shut it down before anything came unglued.

SInce that is my primary recovery deuce I am screwed, blued and tattooed as far as getting anything back from Redstone until repairs are made.

I need a hood, grill and radiator (at least).

Can anybody close help a brother out????

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I don't have the parts you are in quest of, I do have some wheel chocks! The abridged version of a funny story. The seabees make their own chocks and tie 2 together with a length of rope. If you ever get out of the truck and fail to chock the front and back of a tire, you wear the chocks around your neck for an entire day. Gives you time to think of your transgressions. In Richards case, we will have time to consider his transgressions when he counts out the Grants and Hamiltons. Sad part is he probably has a trailer load of chocks at his AO.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If it makes you feel any better i backed into my trailer with my pickup friday and sliced open the bed by the fuel door!:oops: thankfully i have a new bed for the truck, now i have an excuse to put it on finaly! Was watching the car so i didn't hit it and nailed the trailer!

I pretty much live in fear that I will back one of my other vehicles into the Deuce while trying to get out of my driveway.

I really need to build a bigger storage shed so I can put the Deuce in it.

LC

91W350

Along that line I backed my 93W250 to the base of the windshield on my wife's Honda Fit. It was close to 3000 dollars.....would have bought a nice deuce! In case you are wondering, a Dodge pickup is a bully in reverse if there is a Honda handy...

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, I don't go into any of my screwups - I've had more than my share and try to keep them quiet, but I feel your pain. I hope you find the parts you need for a reasonable cost.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I take full responsibility for the transgression.....I was a Transportation soldier......we had a whole class devoted to securing and chocking vehicles.....NO EXCUSE SIR!!!!!auaauaaua

I'm already flling out the Article 15 paperwork and the Statement of Charges.

I forsee several weeks of Restriction to LZ and Extra Duty.

I have parked the deuce there many times and it never moved.

Murphy is an oportunist.:roll::roll:

Just another expensive lesson.:doh:

FrankUSMC

Truck parts can be replaced, but you, my friend can not, I am very thankful only the truck got hurt.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

kennys@wi.rr.com

This is a huge statement of character. You are taking responsibility for what has happened. I hope the court goes easy upon you. By court of course I mean the court of jesters we call SS.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The obvious answer here is that you need a winch. If this were a winch truck, there would've been no damage. fat lady sings

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
from where the glad hand hit, the winch would be under the front of the trailer

midcounty

Along that line I backed my 93W250 to the base of the windshield on my wife's Honda Fit. It was close to 3000 dollars.....would have bought a nice deuce! In case you are wondering, a Dodge pickup is a bully in reverse if there is a Honda handy...
Did the same thing to my sisters Honda when my '99 Dodge 2500 was only a couple moths old. The receiver hitch stopped about 2/3 the way of the hood. Third car of hers someone backed into. She has a bad habit of parking real close and out of mirror range when in wide open driveways.

Wreckerman, glad the damage wasn't bodily and it could have been much worse. I have been known to rely too much on the parking brake of my Deuces, being I live on pretty flat ground. I have to get in better practice of always using the chocks.

jasonjc

C & C has or did have some take out radiators and truck shipping from him is/was very reasonable when I got one from him.

Sorry to see the damage. I need to use the chocks more myself.