• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman without portfolio

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well the M816 left today on the end of a hook :cry:....it was purchased by a tow company that will use it for it's intended purpose (as opposed to being loaded on a slow boat to China in small pieces).

As much as I wanted to keep it and get it running it had turned into an OD green money pit.aua

I (almost) broke even on it and the money from it and the sale of the M915 will pay off my credit card debt.[thumbzup]

I still have the M275 and two deuces to play with so I am not going "cold turkey" from my OD iron addiction.:driver:

In fact I have found a small twin boom Holms wrecker bed that would look good on the back of a bob deuce.:idea:

So Wreckerman I will still be.:jumpin:

Rene M

That's so sad... :cry: Im sorry for your loss.
I see the wreckers go up for sale and try to think of a way to get my company to pay for it..lol

TaylorTradingCo

wrecker

Richard,

I just got in a new wrecker yesterday, a 1955 gasser made by International Harvester. I know they get terrible gas mileage, but I don't have any plans for it outside of my yard.

I am trying to decide what to do with my old wrecker now. It is a M543A2 multi-fuel. Everything on it works, but it has some rust and the paint is peeling terribly, overall it is just plain ugly.

I can't decide if I want to part it out and sell the axles, components, and other valuables and then put the LDS motor in one of my Deuces or just sell it ouright.

Do you know anybody else who is looking for a wrecker?

Derek Taylor

Alredneck

Banned
WM its good to be getting out of debt! Once over the hurdle good times will come in th eend and the OD addict never quits though he may have to go to rehab at one point in life or the other! There are more trucks out there with your name on them![thumbzup]

zout

:nothingfunny:

The above post should only be attempted by professionals and would probably kill a lesser man.

What does GL withdrawls feel like - would you like to express your feelings on this a bit ?

WPNS421

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do!! I did the same and sold off my M37(Money pit) my M43 and my M135 and some trailers. I have someone interested in purchasing my M36C (Avatar) which I really like. Too much time effort and money to try and restore and run these older vehicles. Having sold these I have replaced them with a new M816 and M1010 for the wife. Now she has a vehicle to drive around.
When I looked around for the M816, I saw quite a few, but in unrestored and unpainted or right from GL and they were not being given away. Finally I went to Eastern Surplus , picked one had it painted, complete PM, spin on filters and a few extras, yes a paid more, but I calculated the price of doing the work, parts etc and I came out almost even.
WM I respect your decision to let the M816 go, you did the right thing, out there somewhere there is a nice wrecker calling your name.
Here is a picture of my new M816.

Attachments

zout

Ah - sell the truck or be debt free by paying off a CC - easy answer and you chose wisely.

Besides - all the stuff you have around the back 40 you can now start work on a mad max machine.:beer:

That was a sweet looking unit running down the road.

What does GL withdrawls feel like - would you like to express your feelings on this a bit ?[/quote]

Well, the first few hours went by fair enough, but after about a day, I noticed I was a little shaky. That was followed by some NVD (Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea), which then was followed by loss of appetite, depression, and an uncontrollable urge to touch anything that resembles OD.
With counseling I have been able to stay clean however, but I must admit I have been looking at some M1009s in GA coming up for sale next week. I figure what can it hurt to look? Right? That's all I'm going to do... just... look...

KsM715

............. Probably one in much better shape.

No he wont. He'll do just like the rest of us addicts do. Find a rusted out P.O.S. and think..."wow for such a low price how can I pass it up. A few parts and some paint and she'll be good as new" rofl

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think my main objective in the next few months is going to be getting the M275 tractor ready for the GA rally in Oct.
It's biggest need is paint and that is a fairly reasonable cost. I have twin springer seats in it and it has a hardtop so it is mostly a cosmetic job.
I'm going to to try to replace the stock tires with 1100x20's.
Still trying to decide on keeping her bone stock or doing a few cosmetic upgrades.