• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's bob deuce pics

phil2968

Fate

Well it as been awhile since we've seen this truck but I found it.
Wreckerman traded it off and it's been through 2 other people before me. I found it across from where I work here in Lakeland. It belonged to a friend of mine; I did not even know he was into deuce's! (He's not really, he is building an air boat now!) When I saw the truck I knew who built right away! You can't mistake the dual exhaust and the flat bed! I think the bed is the same but additions have been made, the deuce tail lights are missing and a panel has been added across the back that I don't like and will remove.
I will post more pics of the truck later. This is me and my brother picking it up on a towbar and brining it home. It has 11:00x20s. The straps are all that holds the bed in place. I don't know what has been done to this truck since Wreck started it, but it will be on the trails at 12SSGR! It will be towed up behind the M109.
I need to address fuel tank issuses, there is none. (no fuel tank that is) He fabbed a smallish tank behind the cab but is maybe 15 gals? I picked up 2 stock tanks at the Ga rally, thanks to the ones that brought them. The fuel filter cans are removed and rusty and needs new filters.
This will be my daily driver and mod test truck. I will get this on the road ASAP since my daily driver 390 Ford lost a cam lobe I have been driving a regular deuce (Double Clutch) to work. The same one I drove to the GA rally. Gets better milage than the souped up 390 Ford! Barely.
The 3 axle deuce is not allowed to be parked in this neighborhood. The bobber on the other hand they can't say anything about!
Well, that is a big update to an old thread. I'm just glad to have saved an old Steel Soldier from the hands of fate! It may be modded but I can't change that. I can only drive and enjoy what I have found.
I still have 3 full deuce's and love driving them but this is my first bobber and I didn't have to build it!
Till I have more to post, later Phil.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the new towbar is getting plenty of mileage. Should make a nice DD being as its shorter than a VW Bug. Looking at your quote and hearing Richard all last weekend I'm wondering if it shouldn't be "Attention on the ROB" or "Attention on the SSOB"? We surely aren't forward.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think that is one of the FEW bobs that look right and look like it should, still looks like a truck and not someones oversized 4x4 mud toy, GREAT save

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thread and good pictures. Seeing the pic with the tow bar set up and the safety chains, is this the recommended safety chain protocol? Is there a TM or reference for proper towbar use and towing?

Capt.Marion

It's pretty cool to see this thing come back home to a SteelSoldiers member! I remember this being one of the first bob jobs on the site... it looks good. You need to get duals back on the rears, and then it'll look pretty darn good.

phil2968

Good thread and good pictures. Seeing the pic with the tow bar set up and the safety chains, is this the recommended safety chain protocol? Is there a TM or reference for proper towbar use and towing?
There is one and Jatonka probably has it on his website. Yes they recommened safety chains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks