• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckermans deuce tanker adventure

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have decided to trade my bob deuce for a deuce tanker.
I will be leaving Thursday evening and going to Davie, Florida where the exchange will take place.
My intent is to drive the tanker back if it is road worthy.
We should be leaving early Monday morning.
My return route will probably be:

Davie to Wildwood via the Turnpike.
I-75 to Ocala
HWY 27 and Alt. 27/19 to the GA line
HWY 19 north through Thomasville and Albany
HWY 520 to Columbus, GA
280/431 to Anniston and on to Gadsden

If anyone along that route would like to be on standby for rescue or recovery please post or PM.

And if you see Murphy keep him busy till I get by.

Green_gator

I can help out for the Central to North Florida legs of your trip. I am in Tampa and can easily get to the Orlando to Gainesville areas. Will send you a PM with my contact information.

Bill W

Davie!!
Damn thats my old town, who you buying the truck from? To bad your not going to be down there for a couple of days as I could hook you up with a buddy of mine ( Fred) and he could show you his extensive MV collection. Also Harold Stancils place is on 27alt ( exit 354) right there in Ocala. If I remember right, Russell Deeses shop is in Georgia just above Tallahassee. Pm me if you want some Ph#'s

Last edited:

FreightTrain

Banned
Hee hee hee,2 updates in one!22 miles into trip they blew a tire on the trailer.........
Update 2-105 miles into the trip they blew tire 2....the spare.....Sitting in Carrollton at D&J tire waiting for them to open to get all the tires checked over and replaced....Hee hee hee.Murphy strikes again!

FreightTrain

Banned
well,as of 1238hours they are in albany.Got rid of the "Car tires"(Regular 16" singles) on the trailer and put 14 Ply tires back on it.South bound and down!

FreightTrain

Banned
well,ditching the plan on driving it back.Staying down there till monday.Got a listing on Uship.There are pictures of the carnage of the trip so when they make it back hom monday/tuesday they will post the pictures.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, he made it to my house and left without major problems or injury. I bet that hoist block left a mark his head though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks