• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's rolling mess hall

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
For those of you who haven't heard I won a Mobile Kitchen Trailer (MKT) off GL this week.
Plans for this unique trailer include setting up a field mess at rallys to feed the faithful.
Look for the daily special, "Wreck's ranch raised possum stew".

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Wreckerman

I have eaten many a meal out of one of those and you got a great piece of Army history there T-rats are purty good but the month after month of lunch buckets they served us in August 90 and on in the Saudia Arbian desert has steeled me on them and I think I would rather have roadkill than another one of those.

Where is it?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

That's cool!

Now, a question: Why 3 jerry can holders? Is that for the fuel for the cooking devices?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Did it come with "everything" included? Is everything in good shape?

That's a nice set-up!

I've got to say, "Thanks!" I'm glad one found a good home!

Hey! Don'y worry about these guys making fun of your food. I guaran-doggone-tee, they'll eat whatever your serving. You watch!

CGarbee

Great score. I really love mine (MKT85).
The three jerry can holders are to hold the cans for the fuel to run the burners inside. Old style used gas, upgraded units have MBU's (burn JP8).

Incidently, the only thing missing from mine was the MBU100's, so I am in the market for some, so is Citizensoldier...

Let us know how it looks when you get her home and we'll help you out. I've cooked many a meal using one of these... :)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I think Scrounger had some cooking units for sale at last years Aberdeen I would PM him about them and please make sure he de-snakes his M818 before heading up to Aberdeen this year....lol

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got any pics of one of them opened up? Cool trailer! POOP, now I gotta add yet another thing to get.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If my EUC comes back on the Indiana trucks my plan is to go pick them and my 5 ton tractor up and swing by Knoxville to get the MKT.
If I get it in time I plan to take it to the MVPA meet in Mobile the 29th and 30th and set it up. They prob wont allow me to cook in it but I will display it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Just do what lazy cooks do open it up and hand out MRE's. I never allowed them to do that under my command but had to step up grab an MRE and step down way too many times. Have you ID'd if it has the burner units in it? That will be a nice trip make sure and take lots of pictures of the Hoosier State my old stomping grounds

MarineTracs

I can see it now: "Wreckerman's Meals on Wheels - Serving the finest in mystery cuisine - Don't ask what's in it and we won't tell you ". Kidding aside, don't let them get you down. I'm sure your cooking will be better than "Meatballs and Beans in Tomato Sauce" or the infamous "Ham and Lima Beans" (notice how I kept it "G" rated).