• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman's Spring Fling

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well folks I have decided to host a one day mini-rally in late March or early April.

This is primarily for folks close by to meet and greet but anyone that wants to drive over is welcome.

I have chosen Cornwall Furnace, located near Cedar Bluff, Alabama, as the venue.

It is much like the Tannehill Ironworks, near Birmingham, where the Dixie Division of the MVPA holds its’ yearly meeting.

Cornwall Furnace is a preserved ironworks built by the Confederate States of America. In 1862, the 35-foot high furnace became the first to supply iron for the construction of Confederate cannons during the Civil War. It took a thousand men seven months to construct the furnace using limestone from the nearby Coosa River. Though General Sherman twice ordered the furnace destroyed in 1864, it still stands in its original location.

During the War of Northern Aggression (known by history revisionists as the American Civil War) Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest defeated Abel Streight and his band of marauding invaders as they attempted to move toward Rome, Georgia, east of the furnace.

Cornwall Furnace was declared a National Historical Site in 1972 and is perhaps the best preserved stack in the southeast.

I am working with the Cherokee County Historical Society and the Parks Board on this matter. They are very motivated to have a Military Vehicle show there to help promote the site. I will have more information as I get details ironed out.

Since I have not set a date yet I am asking interested parties to give me some dates that would work for you. I will choose the date that appeals to the most people and does not conflict with anything scheduled at the furnace.

We would meet mid-morning, have a cookout lunch and then do a hardball road convoy to Little River Canyon. LRC is the deepest gorge east of the Mississippi River. The road around the rim of the canyon provides a breathtaking view of the river at the bottom of the gorge.

Please post your preferences on this thread to keep from overloading my PM box.

rideni

"During the War of Northern Aggression (known by history revisionists as the American Civil War)"

Hey.......YOU started it!!!!!:p
Tyrannical leaders in Washington started it, because in the course of history when a peoples is oppressed by another, it is there god given right to rise against that tyranny

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wreckerman,

Can we keep in mind the dates of the NJ Show 17/18 I think. I know it is a long distance but I was hoping to go to that show as well as Aberdeen a month later in May. We'll have to avoid Easter also.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WM has always supported the Ga Rally in a big way, clintogf and I will reciprocate! Definitely bringing the Mule, maybe a deuce or the Jeep.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I will meet with the Parks and Recreation folks next week and see if they have any events planned.....I already ruled out Easter weekend.
I'll check with Tim and see when his is planned.
Thanks for all the support.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gosh...with all these mini rallies and regional rallies along with the displays and parades we do here etc...I'm gonna have to retire (again)...oh wait...then I can't afford to come!

March is officially out for me...stuff planned each weekend including the airshow . We are teaming up with the active Army to display MVs from WWII to present. That of course will take alot of prep time.

66Reo6X6

Sure wish I lived closer to you. Would love to attend something like this and meet some of you. Does anyone know of anything going on here in North Dakota this summer?