• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wreckers weight limit

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just wanted to know what the weight capacity is of the crane, mostly the limit that you have to start usuing the outriggers. maybe we can get some pics of big heavy lifts? i havnt seen any of these about here that i can remember Tim

M1075

Tim-

The cranes are rated up to 10,000 but that decreases as the boom is extended out (conservative rating). I would always use the outriggers with anything substantial. Bracing can be used with side lifts for added support. Several good diagrams in the -10 manual.

area52

liimits

The soon to be mine M246 wrecker tractor has a weight plate in the crane cab which states the limits of the crane with and without the outriggers. Its on my other computer so I will try to post a pic of it tomorrow. 10,000lbs is the max with outriggers but I know the TM says you can go up to 20,000lbs with the boom supports that you put on the ground.