• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wright Patterson

2old2slow

Is there anyone near Wright Pat? Looks Like I may have a recovery mission in the near future and would like to get read on what I'm going to need for the truck. I would prefer to fly in and drive home to Texas as long as the truck is road worthy. Any help would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am 13 miles from the lot, I just worked with Andrew today picking up my S280 in Indy since he covers out there as well.

My first suggestion is to call Andrew and ask him about the truck. He may know about it or he may not but it never hurts.

I can run out if you really need it looked at. If you know what you want me to look for send me a list.
sw

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, you could have it towed to my farm if need be (towing is the safest) and you could fly in and look at it and drive her home.
You could also have her shipped home. I actually went out and helped load an 817 headed for Texas.

sw

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my truck shipped from Wright Pat to Houston, and that was the smartest $1000 I ever spent.

Sevin7

I work close to the base and I'm always looking for an excuse to stop by and browse. Let me know if I could be of assistance.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, let me know if you want help with it! Wheres the 280 pics?

I was waiting to post pics of the S280 after I get it on the ground in its new home.

If I go out to the base I'll let you know.

sw

Capriceii

Hey I have a M109 at wright pat that I am waiting on an EUC to clear for. Would love to have some one do a once over and let me know what kind of trouble I have gotten myself in to. (Being new to all of this:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that's in the pic then it is junk and you should just give it to me. :)

PM me the info and I have to go out there in the next week or so I can take my battery tester and a few items and give her a once over for you if you need it. If your EUC ever clears and you can't get it out of there yourself you can always have it towed out to our place. I have enough tools and equipment to do most anything to the truck for your trip home.

sw

M920

Haul from Wright Patterson

If that's in the pic then it is junk and you should just give it to me. :)

PM me the info and I have to go out there in the next week or so I can take my battery tester and a few items and give her a once over for you if you need it. If your EUC ever clears and you can't get it out of there yourself you can always have it towed out to our place. I have enough tools and equipment to do most anything to the truck for your trip home.

sw
Hi swbradley1

I have a M1098 tank trailer that I have 2 pick up at Wright Patterson next week. I have never picked up from there, so how hard are the GL people to deal with at that base? Any tips?

Thanks Soni

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi swbradley1

I have a M1098 tank trailer that I have 2 pick up at Wright Patterson next week. I have never picked up from there, so how hard are the GL people to deal with at that base? Any tips?

Thanks Soni

I was just out there 7 business days ago and Andrew still seemed okay to me. He did tell me he reads this board so I'm sure is checking up on what I say about him.

:)

His number is listed on your sale, just call him and make the arrangements just pay attention to what he tells you. HE IS NOT THERE ON WEDNESDAYS. He is is over in Indianapolis or at Crane.

Gimpy just pulled two 818s out of there last Monday and dropped them off at my place for short term storage.

Have a good trip and if something breaks down while you are still close you can always come over to my place.

sw

citizensoldier

Wright Pat has always been a good site to deal with, even before Andrew started. They are second in line right after Sparta, Wi when dabbling in the GL experience..
Andrew seems to be a real good guy and helps if he can. [thumbzup] Now that I think of it I don't think I would like to find myself on the bad side of that cowboy anyhow! :lol:

Last edited:

CW3Topher

I concur with the others, Andrew at WPAFB is very good to deal with. He is a prior Army mechanic and actually knows the equipment. If my EUC's ever clear, I can't wait to get my M818 and M105's home (my first MV purchases).

Soni, if you bring your 920 up to pick up your trailer, let me know what day you will be there. I would love to see it in person.

Chris

M920

SW and Chris,

thanks for the heads-up on Wright Pat. I talked to Andrew and made my appointment with him. He seems easy to deal with (unlike GL at Fort Carson CO) I will be picking my 1098 trailer up at 8am on Thursday.
It would be nice to meet you guys if you can brake away.

Here is my cell : (575) 756-4153 If you want to give me a call tomorrow maybe we can work somthing out.

Soni

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks