• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrong trailer for yard work?

AMX

It seems my M105a2 is not really suited to yard work, even with the side by side. I do need to flip the lunette as I have in the first one. It is also tiresome adding weight to the ranger bed to improve handling. Oh well.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks about like my crane when I used my samurai to move it around. :lol:

The samurai had no problem pushing it around in 1st gear low/low range. But man, she was squatting! Course that crane weighs about 5K lbs. :cookoo:

Chief_919

I stopped a group of Soldiers from try to tow a half full water buffalo with a Gator last year at NTC. Just because the lunette fits doesn't mean it is a good plan..........

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Yard work" is an insensitive moniker to the multitude of engineers perform maintenance tasks in the outdoors.

I thought the correct term was "landscape maintenance"?

Rick

wikallen

You just need to add a m332 in the middle to even out the tongue weight. You really need to plan ahead when stopping.

:grd:

Attachments

wikallen

How bout a movie clip showing the rig backing up? rofl

I do not have a movie clip, but I bet it took me a half hour backing them all up and around my truck at our campground. I tend to wake up early in the morning when everyone else is still sleeping. I get bored with myself and my curiosity usually wins over and I just have to try something for no good reason at all.

broman78

I have a 105 with the single big wheel , If I plan on moving it with the Gator or Mule I just leave the leave the wheel in the down position an hook a chain to the chain on the trailer and roll. This is for short distance moves.

Whitey

Good lord guys!!! It's time to at least get a 1008! You're brave. With my luck the trailer would somehow smash the tow vehicle, break loose, and roll down a hill in front of a bus full of nuns.:roll:

BTW, my father uses an old Farmall with a pintle hitch from a M151 with a riser to move his M105's. He's never had an issue. You can never beat an old tractor to get stuff done!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks