• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB CX-10613G ( mx-777 power cable)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
At this time I have no excess cables. I will attempt to find some of these but it's pretty slim in the short term (next 3 weeks) that I'll get any. Long term 4-5 months, I can probably find a few.

The connector with the T shaped thumb screw is the only one that I know of that goes into the back of the MX7777. I'll have to check the vic-1 manual to make sure what the cable number is. I have yet to run into a cable/connector with the D shaped thumb screw that works on the MX7777.

Sevo

At this time I have no excess cables. I will attempt to find some of these but it's pretty slim in the short term (next 3 weeks) that I'll get any. Long term 4-5 months, I can probably find a few.
Carnac

Thanks for the reply. Please keep me posted on what you may find. I will buy a couple from you for sure

wsucougarx

Ok I have located a GRC cable with the correct end to go into the MX-7777 suppressor. The other end is frayed. It had apparently been cut off. Now my question is pertaining to the end that plugs directly into the MX-7777. Anyone know which of the 4 male prongs on the MX-7777 is (+) and which one is (-)? Looking that cable itself, I assume the inner copper core is (+) and the outer sheathing silver wire is (-). Please advise.
A side note, I bought this cable off of ebay. It was described as a GRC-106 Power wire. When I got it the markings on the wire tag is CX-10527/G. The cable to MX-7777 is correct but I want to make sure the wires are going to marry up correctly with regard to positive and negative.

Sevo

Ok I have located a GRC cable with the correct end to go into the MX-7777 suppressor. The other end is frayed. It had apparently been cut off. Now my question is pertaining to the end that plugs directly into the MX-7777. Anyone know which of the 4 male prongs on the MX-7777 is (+) and which one is (-)? Looking that cable itself, I assume the inner copper core is (+) and the outer sheathing silver wire is (-). Please advise.
A side note, I bought this cable off of ebay. It was described as a GRC-106 Power wire. When I got it the markings on the wire tag is CX-10527/G. The cable to MX-7777 is correct but I want to make sure the wires are going to marry up correctly with regard to positive and negative.

Hook it up to your MX-777 BUT WITH OUT YOUR VIC OR RADIO HOOKED UP to it and then touch them to the ends to the battery terminal. If it flips the breaker on your MX-7777 you know that you have it crossed

... you are asking about how to hook up to the battery to the mx-7777? If so then the above will work

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Will do Chris. My install was actually pretty easy. I mounted my AM-1780 directly to my hardtop assy right beside the slider window on the passenger side. I just drilled holes in the vertical reinforcement ribs. I mounted my control boxes in the corners using a piece of 1.5 inch steel angled. I have my MX-7777 mounted just under the bench seat on the cowl cover. My RT-524 is mounted under the bench seat with room for a future R-442. I'd get pics up but my PC's mother board is fried.
My other truck has the same setup but I have it setup for the RT-246. The remote control box is mounted on a plate right in the middle of the windshield assy at the 12:00 position.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hook it up to your MX-777 BUT WITH OUT YOUR VIC OR RADIO HOOKED UP to it and then touch them to the ends to the battery terminal. If it flips the breaker on your MX-7777 you know that you have it crossed

... you are asking about how to hook up to the battery to the mx-7777? If so then the above will work
My, where did you get so smart? :beer:
Chris is exactly right. Not only does this help you determine the proper polarity, but it also is a good check for your MX-7777, lets you know it is working if it trips when the polarity is reversed.

papakb

Sevo,

The MX-7777 was primarily used in tracked vehicles with heavy hydraulic servo systems that generated lots of transients into the electrical system. Soft skinned vehicles never had the same problems although they did use a mini version, the MX-7778 that mounted under the MT-1029 radio mount.

The typical power cable in tanks had the old family 4 pin connector on one end with a male threaded retaining bolt in the center versus the new family connectors with a female hold down bolt. The other end was usually terminated with a 3 pin male Bendix connector. If you ask for an old family power connector people will know what you're after. If you're going directly to the batterys you don't need to invest in the extra plug and can simply use crimp lugs. I would advise putting a fuse inline woth the amp as a safety measure.

Kurt Lesser
MVCC President

Sevo

Hi Kurt,

Yeah I know the MX-777 is over kill, but I like the added protection. It protect the system from me ;).

when I did my system I just hooked right to the battery with crimp lugs. I have had my system in for a while now and it is working great.

Great tips for those hooking up a vic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks