• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: Starter for M34A2 (I'm OK, Bjorn has one for sale here)

houdel

I just bought a M35A2 from GL. The truck is in pretty good shape, but the starter is fried. Does anyone have a decent used starter they would part with? I tried Saturn Surplus, Memphis Equipment and Boyce, but they are either out of stock or want my first born son in exchange. I sure could use one ASAP!

CANCEL THIS REQUEST! A friend of mine went to GL and checked out the starter in my truck - it was just a bad connection, now it starts and runs, so I don't need a starter! Thanks to all who viewed and tried to help, especially Bjorn!

BTW - Bjorn has a good used take out starter listed for sale later on in this post!

Thanks, Lee 231-832-5939

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
houdel,
Can't you just get yours rebuilt? I know here in Denver there is a shop that specializes in starters, generators and alternators. Prices are better than buying a new one.

They basically take your core and give you a rebuilt one. Unless yours is 'odd or different' in which case it takes a few days for them to actually rebuild yours.

Just a thought.

jim

houdel

Yes, my first thought was to get the old one rebuilt, but I'd have to get the truck home to work on it first. It is about 200 miles from here, and everyone I contacted wanted $1.00 - $1.15 per mile ROUND Trip to haul it back here - $400 to $450 I didn't really want to spend unless I absolutely necessary! But since now since the problem is solved, I will be able to DRIVE it home! Best part is, the drive home will be free, since it has nearly a full tank of diesel, I won't even have to spring for the fuel to get it home!

Lee

houdel

Hopefully I'll pick it up Tuesday 3/22/06. My friend got it started & drove it around and it runs fine, so I'm planning on driving it home and save the $450 it would take to have it hauled home. I'll post pictures some time next week. I bought it without looking at it, bought it based on how it looked in the photos and my gut feel. My friend says it was rebuilt at Tooele 9/91 with 16k miles since then. Kaiser Jeep, 11 brand new tires, nearly full tank of fuel, "D" turbo, personnel heater, air shift front axle, troop seats, rustproofed in '89, no rust, the driver/passenger seats look a little beat, model year unknown but I'm guessing mid to late 60's. I think I got a decent deal for $2485!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
houdel,
for everything you got, that's a SCREAMING deal! Way to go. Now it's time to start all the 'little' projects that will bring it up to where YOU want it to be.

Keep an eye out, as I'll be posting pix of my truck with it's new Super Single tires here in few days or sometime next week.

We have finally warmed up over 50 degrees. The wind on the other hand has ALSO picked up to about 30 mph. I don't have a garage, just a carport, so I'm still gonna wait a few more days before putting the new tires/wheels on.

WAY TO GO HOUDEL!! Can't wait to see the pix. And WIPE THAT SILLY GRIN OFF YOUR FACE. If you can. Took me several weeks.

jim

In case Bjorn sells his here is an option, (but I see you don't need one now). In regards to the starter, there was a thread by a guy (forget and didn't search) that bought one from Carquest (or NAPA) that worked. Just had to fiddle with the holes a bit if I remember correctly. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks