• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB Winch and parts needed for a M109A3

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I need a winch and the parts needed to mount it onto a 1971 M109A3 that does not (probably never has) have one.

Or, if you know where I could find one, please let me know.

I pick the truck up Saturday. It's my first. :D

Thanks, Josh

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the links! I can see that this hobby can get a little addicting....

I am loading up on sources for misc parts and goods. The unit is supposed to be great and in 100% condition but I am sure something will come up. I will post some pics after I pick the unit up this weekend.

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, looks like I now have (after I pay and get it picked up) everything but:

The small link that goes between the pto handle and pto

The bracket that holds the pto handle

Safety lockout plate for inside the cab to prevent accidental engagement of the winch

Cable and Chain for the winch

And possibly a new data plate which shows the correct dimensions for a winch equipped truck

Anyone know where to get these last parts??

Thanks in advance for help with the last parts and a big thanks to the two that helped me get the items that I have, Josh

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the leads emmando22. Saturnsurplus, the first to reply to my inquire has everything I need except the Data Plates and the Winch leader chain.

I need to determine exactly which winch plates I need, there seem to be several choices...

Anyone have a Winch Leader Chain they wish to sell?

mucekok

think i have several of those lead chains laying around. will consider parting with one. may also have the data plate you need. parting out two m35 trucks with winches.

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JoshC said:
Thanks for the leads emmando22. Saturnsurplus, the first to reply to my inquire has everything I need except the Data Plates and the Winch leader chain.

I need to determine exactly which winch plates I need, there seem to be several choices...

Anyone have a Winch Leader Chain they wish to sell?
Great! Let me know all about it. j46957@aol.com

Thanks, Josh

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mucekok said:
think i have several of those lead chains laying around. will consider parting with one. may also have the data plate you need. parting out two m35 trucks with winches.
Any luck?

Anyone else have the chain or plate?

Thanks, Josh