• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH, Found a tank today.

ABN173

Come on Frodo, I would have a tent set up behind NAPA by now and sending updates by my cell phone! I bet this tank has a interesting story lets find out what it is!

Dale

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If the paperwork is legit and the owner is motivated to sell I suggest we set up a syndicate to buy and manage it.
Not counting the purchase price you are talking a serious amount of money to restore and operate it......that being said I am generously volunteering to allow it to be parked up here at "Akin Bak Acres" where we have 40 acres to test and tune it on.
Papa Bear might be willing to assist with movement.....shoot, he has a better Motor Pool than I do and museum status.
Come on Son....get with the program and give us an updated SITREP.

dittle

That is a M60 "slick" (not an A1). Compared it to both our slick and A1 at the museum. The way you can tell is by the bottom of the turret. On the slick you what you see it what you have, on an A1 the turret angles up there by the gun mantle.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I just love the way you volunteer my services Wreckerman:-D

Seriously though...I won't transport that much weight and I have NO desire to get involved in that tank thingy!!

From previous threads it seems some folks think it's legal for private ownership but I just can't agree with that.
I have no idea how that tank got behind the NAPA store but someone does and I prefer to let them explain it.
If I wanted to get involved with ATF and the Feds I would get a towed howitzer...but I don't!!

The End:!:

Somemedic

Well... take a few pics whilst you can, I have a feeling with all these posts "The Man" will be there shortly to come collect his property.

Kjb2007

Banned
I hate it when you forget where you parked your tank at.

My next question is how the heck did mine get to LA?

waayfast

HHHMMMM?---- this may get interesting---A few threads on here have been on the topic of "ya think we are being watched/monitored by Big Brother on the Forum?" so I'm thinkin' if Frodo keeps an eye on the tank and then reports back to us that its suddenly missing and---and ---hey wait a minute--Frodo??? Hey Frodo!??? any one seen Frodo???----------------------:-D

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HHHMMMM?---- this may get interesting---A few threads on here have been on the topic of "ya think we are being watched/monitored by Big Brother on the Forum?" so I'm thinkin' if Frodo keeps an eye on the tank and then reports back to us that its suddenly missing and---and ---hey wait a minute--Frodo??? Hey Frodo!??? any one seen Frodo???----------------------:-D
:funny:

:tin hat::jumpin: Roger that! We are tracking a squadron of bogies... correct that.... Black helicoptors INCOMING:!::!: <static crackles> Frodo! Come in, Frodo, can you hear us now:?:

chgofiveo

Once Again I ask..." How do you guys find this sh*t?????"
I couldnt find my a$$ with both hands :doh: and you guys find tanks
God bless you Frodo

Im in!! Ill cover the "Finders Fee"

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a truck and trailer that can haul it but won't unless everything is "on the up and up" :wink:.

frodobaggins

I've got a truck and trailer that can haul it but won't unless everything is "on the up and up" :wink:.
When I get the skinny on it all, I'll post it up. I doubt I'll have the money to save it unless we can do some kind of group. If I can't do it, I want it to go to someone who can.

I just hope that if it IS legit, that it doesn't belong to one of those A-holes who would rather let it rot than part with it.

frodobaggins

Once Again I ask..." How do you guys find this sh*t?????"
I couldnt find my a$$ with both hands :doh: and you guys find tanks
God bless you Frodo

Im in!! Ill cover the "Finders Fee"

Dude, I ask this question all the time when I see other peoples stuff they find.
This time, it just happened to be me. I feel all special :)

waayfast

All seriousness aside-- if legit (or just a good loophole of some sort would work also)I would buy shares in the purchase/recovery/fixin'up/care and feeding of said tracked vehicle---HEY,maybe we all on Steel Soldiers could buy "stock" for this purpose(could end up being the "mascot" of the outfit!) I could maybe thumbtack some paint flakes on my shop wall for bragging rights "Yep sonny that's my part of a M-60 MBT I own -----" BREAKING NEWS!!!! 7500 members of a suspected wacko group have been rounded up for questioning about an orphan army tank found stashed cleverly in the weeds behind an auto parts store somewhere in the south--details at 10:00!!!!---------- :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks