• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTK: M28C, what's it worth?

wgtactical

These were removed from vehicles that we upgraded. Anyone know what they would be worth? One is a M28C and the other is a M28C-5X . I also have the guard that welds to the hull over the sight.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crane was recently selling them for $125 like new, but I see they have bumped their prices up to $225-275 for good condition ones.
You have some extra fixture goodies to go with them. That ought to at least give you a ballpark figure to start with.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are sighting periscopes for the M114, V100, and a myriad of other vehicles.
Basically they hard mount in the turret near the guns, fixed ahead in line with the direction the guns point. A mechanical arm from the gun cradle, via the linkage on the side of the scope, controls the head inside the periscope for elevation/depression so that wherever the viewfinder in the periscope looks, the guns are aimed (or vice versa).
It's a tad Rube Goldberg, but it works. Traverse, of course, is controlled by the turret itself moving. Hope that description makes sense.
Anyway, it is cheap, simple, and easy to maintain.

Attached is a picture of the V100 mount, hope that clarifies what I tried to explain above.
Not my V, by the way, but one I got to play in a while back.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
DAM.........now I have to have one for the wrecker.........since there will be a ringmount on the right side a periscope on the drivers side is a natural....well at least that's how I will justify it to the Boss Lady. :-D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a little ingenuity involved in figuring out your traverse tracking mechanism relay and you'd have remote weapon sighting wrecker-style :razz:

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks