• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW II Gun Truck

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have started adding guns to my 41 International M-2-4. It is destined to be a WWII guntruck from the day I first laid my eyes on it. I had hoped to have guns on it for Aberdeen but there was too much going on. Also I did not have the 50 cal until I picked this one up at Aberdeen. I will add a 30 cal to the passenger side and think that about does it. I will have my truck for the gun truck ralley in PA, this August. I wanted to post the pictures on a special day such as today. I have the truck parked in my front yard today and already have had 3 WWII and several Viet Nam vets stop and just want to talk.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is not going to 100% authentic due to not being able to find the exact mounts. I like the M-2-4 that won the MVPA Nationals last year, so it will be very close to that truck. Theer is not much documentation on these trucks so that makes it hard. I have been researching the rocket trucks and so little is documented on those trucks that most info comes from PT boats or other platforms where the 4.5 inch rocket was used. Honestly, I just want a clean, bad ass looking, and great running truck that is unique...I am not too worried if I use a M25 mount verses a M24a2 or a3 mount...

ctmustang

Sir that is a true work of art. It's great to see someone else not afraid to go that extra mile and a half to get that look. Be very proud of your work.
CT

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the positive input. I just love this truck and it is one I will never, never, never get rid of. I have the era correct radio mounts to add. I almost purchased a set of WWII radios for the bed, since it does have the radio brackets in the bed, but i ran out of money buying guns for it. Guns look better and badder than radios!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding.

rideni

Needs more real guns too many dummies.
We can throw my 1919, Garand, carbine, and 1903a3 on it for realism.

I would add a couple jap guns as captures.
Also drop those Jerry cans off and I'll have sean blast them for you

glenn715

Nice truck. I have located one of them near my house. Looks pretty rough, does anybody know what a rough M-2-4 is worth? Might be a runner, don't know for sure yet.
They seem to be getting higher and higher prices. I got one that has the civilian closed cab added after the war, the motor is junk due to the fact it has been apart for years but the body is really sound. I paid 900 for it and it was about 6 hours away from me. Binder Planet has a sub forum under Triple Diamond trucks where they talk WWII Internationals alot.

wbrianiii

They seem to be getting higher and higher prices. I got one that has the civilian closed cab added after the war, the motor is junk due to the fact it has been apart for years but the body is really sound. I paid 900 for it and it was about 6 hours away from me. Binder Planet has a sub forum under Triple Diamond trucks where they talk WWII Internationals alot.
Thanks a lot. At least I know I'm wanting to talk in the right price range. I will also have a sort of reference point, where if he thinks the truck is made out of gold, I can be pretty sure of it. I don't mind paying what something's worth, but I really hate getting ripped off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks