• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW II vintage USN REO truck question

dcbrown

Not sure where to post this question. A friend of mine just bought the cab, engine and frame from a WWII vintage REO truck. I am trying to find out if there is a resource that would help me run down the numbers on the truck, in hopes of finding some history on this particular vehicle? On the glove box and the side of the hood is "USN 127154". On the lower drivers seat box, just above the rocker panel is a riveted tag with "6150" on it. He estimates the truck size to be 1.5 ton, or thereabouts. There is little else to help identify it or to work from. Can anyone direct me to a good resource? Thanks!!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well help us out a little more. Is (was) it a 6x6, 4x4, 4x2? Reo made some of the Studebaker design 6x6 deuces during WWII. The engine in those was a Hercules JXD. Of course pics would help.

dcbrown

More info

Unfortunately, I can't do photos right now. I have attached a picture of a similar truck. The one in the picture is a 5 years or so newer, but they look very similar. I believe my friend's truck is 1 .5 ton with two front wheels and one set of duals in the back. It has the "Speedwagon" emblems on the sides of the hood as well. What he's really interested in is the exact date of manufacture and any Navy service history he could find. I don't know if it's possible to get anything from the Navy vehicle numbers (127154), nor do I know if REO applied the metal tag (about 1" x 3" with "6150") below the driver's seat, or if the Navy did that?

Attachments